prices on bugarian makarov

2002gti

looking to pick one up before they dry up. bulgarians are the only ones i can get in ca. what are the going prices on these? any tips on where to get them, ive already checked out the auctions but prices vary from $140 - $200

already ran a search but only could find posts from 2000 - 2001 and they said $150 back then............tia

jem375

I was at a gun show and I saw one for $169 and thought that was a good buy for a NIB Bulgarian Mak and bought it....on the next row, they were selling for $149, so I paid $20 more than I had to, but I thought it was cheap enough as it was......both grips suck that come with the Mak, and went to Makarov.com and bought the Makawrap rubber grips which are a lot better...

makarov man

Here are a couple of websites to check out. www.southernohioguns.com and www.aimsurplus.com I never dealt with aim before ,but last year I bought my first Bulgarian mak from SOG for $129.99 used and what I got was a brand new makarov. It looked like it was never shot. All total it cost me around $160.00 for the shipping, transfer fee and background check. Hope this helps!

makarov man

2002gti

thanks guys, i checked out the $99 ones from centerfire . it'll run me around $170 to get it home. im pretty sure i wont do better but should i pay more money for better condition? i see unissued ones in gunbroker for around $220 to my house. thanks again

P95Carry

2002gti .... If (and may be big if) ... you can wait to go to a gun show .. every chance someone will have some for sale.

I saw several at a show month or two back .... goin for $148 IIRC ... and you could inspect before buying ... that to me is a good way to go.

I lucked out with my Bulgy .. cos it ain't! well .. it has Russian markings but was ''technically'' Bulgy import. Found it at a gun shop last year ..... just had to bring it home!! :p