Price of older vs newer AR15s

Bacchus

Are older AR15s worth more money than the newer ones?

I'm specifically thinking of those that were made with the A1 rear sights--do they command a higher price than those with A2 or A3 sights--assuming the rifle's in good shape but not brand new?

Thanks.

Zundfolge

Its my understanding that its not sights or configuration that make older AR15s more valuable ... its the assault weapons ban.

Any AR15 made before 1994 can have neeto gizmos like folding stocks and bayonettes (which make it easier to rob liqour stores or something :rolleyes: ).

I would like to know why no-one makes a new AR15 with A1 sights, forward assist and government profile barrel? Of course some group in Arizona makes one for $899.00 but how about some other manufacturers?

Kaylee

I thought DPMS was manufacturing AR-A1 rebuilds now? Saw a few at a gunshow last year.. mostly mil surplus A1 (or A2, your pick) parts on a new receiver. A little receiver slop, obviously worn but well refinished stocks... $699 as I recall.

And I know Bushy still produces A1 upper receivers.. have they released that lightwwight barrel yet? Might be possible to get what you want built new from them... postban config, of course.

-K

yorec

Most manufacturers offer the A1 setup as an option. Just ask for it. It is less expensive due to the fewer parts to manufacture than the A2 sight. It is also less useful, but not less reliable. All depends on what you want in your gun...