Price of a H&K compact used?

Mastrogiacomo

I got a Glock 19 off a guy last Friday, it was like new, two high caps. I paid $740 which is normal in my state through a private buyer. Much to my surprise, days later he had a two tone mint condition new USP compact 9mm for $1,800.00. Is it just me or is this a tad excessive? For myself, it's out of my reach. If I had the money, it'd go toward buying a new (used) car. We're starting to get H&K in my state, so if this what people ask for used, what would a new gun cost in comparison?

Laura

Mastrogiacomo

No. You can do transfers electronically four times a year. If the gun was purchased by a cop, he can sell it after a year to whomever and they can sell it for whatever they want. One was the price I stated, the full size was $2,000. The other way to buy it is from someone that has moved to the state; it's legal for private sale but not in the shops as it's not Mass Compliant.

TunnelRat

What a mess of laws. :rolleyes:

As for prices, yes that is a bit nuts. USP Compacts can be found online and whatnot for $800 or so:

http://grabagun.com/hk-usp-c-9mm-3-58-bl-v1-2-10rd.html

But that's not in the People's Republic of MA (nor would I pay $700 for a Glock, but I understand your situation). The stainless models aren't in current production to my knowledge. It may be mint condition, but I don't see how it is new unless it was bought and left in a safe for years. Find out the two letter date code to the left of the serial number on the slide and that will give you an idea of the age. Even the stainless models used probably only fetch $700-$800 with the high-end being for a collector. But again, that is not MA. If you want a MA adjusted price it might be better to ask on northeast shooters or something.

Last edited:

SHE3PDOG

That is definitely a pretty insane price. I guess if that's the only way you guys can get them though, he pretty much gets to ask whatever people will pay. I routinely find 800ish dollar USPc Stainless guns on gunbroker and other similar websites.

sigarms228

Around these parts a used HK Compact goes for around $625 and a bit higher for SS.

Crazy what is going on in your state. :eek:

WVsig

That is a lot to pay for something that feels like a 2x4 in the hand and has a horrible DA/SA trigger IMHO not matter what state you live in.... ;)

Mastrogiacomo

Honestly, it's not something I'm interested in getting; I don't have excellent credit by making foolish decisions. As the H&Ks are slowly making their way here, I'm sure a nice gun from that company in a compact will eventually show up with a much more reasonable price range. For now, I'm just really loving my Glock 26 and 19 and thinking of all the whistles and bells I want to do to doll them up. :D

PSP

Does this guy also sell speakers from his car and Rolex watches from a briefcase? IMHO, you should find a new gun dealer.

odugrad

Wow. I thought some of the local dealers were charging a lot. Yikes. That's unbelievable. I can't wrap my head around that. $1800 for an H&K. :eek:

TunnelRat

If you want to go HK I know Original Bobs Shooting Range in Salisbury MA has HK P30s for only a bit of a premium compared to elsewhere (they are an FFL too). Maybe they can get other models as well?