price guess

grubbylabs

What would a fair price be on a used stainless Ruger red hawk 44 mag with a 6" barrel.

My brother in law has one he wants to trade in on a semi auto. His is really clean with very little signs of wear and use. In fact I bet he has not put over 200 rounds through it. I think he even has the factory box that came with it.

BIG P

Hard to say without seeing it but like you said middle of the road around 350.00 give or take a few.

James Snipe

Ruger RedHawk

The 4 inch and 5.5 inch 44mag are hard to come by in S. Florida. I have seen them anywhere for 600 - 700. I was lucky and got the 5.5 SS 44mag for $570 out the door, tax %6.5and background check included.

BfloBill

When I have purchased or sold a gun to a friend/family member I have always found out the trade in value (which is always low) and the retail value in a shop or on several websites, then buy/sell the gun for whatever amount is halfway between the two figures.
That way the buyer is getting a deal, and the seller is getting more than on a trade.
It's a win/win!

jtb1967

There's one in like new condition on Gunbroker now for $550.00. I'd say $550 to $650 for a nice one.

charleym3

"BIG P Hard to say without seeing it but like you said middle of the road around 350.00 give or take a few. "

Tell me where you found a price that low. I've got cash in hand and will buy three of them at that price.

I just gave 650 for a new 4inch in 45colt and was thrilled to get it at that price. I'd be suspicious of one that was priced less than 500. 550 is about reasonable for a very clean lightly used one. If you get it face to face, you're saving 50-75 in sales tax/shipping/receiving fees. If you want it, take it a 550. Does it come with ammo or brass?

BTW the barrels are 4, 5.5, and 7.