Price for a used S&W 686 in your area

MR.G

What would be a good price for a used 686, in excelllent condition,in your area?
I have been looking for another 686 locally, and have also checked some ads on the internet. Seems like they have gone up a lot in price, since I bought the last one about six months ago. Used ones locally are scarce, which is probably driving the price up. The ones that I have found are around $400.00.

Blue Duck357

Local robber barron gunshops that sell used Glocks for $550: VG 686's run $400-$450 (most have been sitting for some time at those prices). Our one decent shop and pawn shops $350-$420 depending on condition and barrel length.

I think our local prices tend to be high compared to most places.

C.R.Sam

$250-$350 in 95-98 percent condition. Any barrel length.
The really inexpensive leo turn ins seem to have dried up.

Sam

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
In central DixieLand, a LNIB Smith & Wesson model 686
would run from about $369.00 to around $425.00. Most
that one would find on the upper end of the scale would
be 98%+. Last price check for NIB was right at $459.95
to $479.95, dependent on barrel length; with the 2.5"
demanding the premium's due to scarcity.:( :eek: :D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
...a 4" or 6" 686 (the most common bbl lengths) used, good shape, no box or papers, goes for $300-$350ish around here. More if it's very new, has box/papers, or is in an oddball barrel length.

chaim

Around here the cheapest I've seen is $370 (on the internet but a local dealer, I've never seen one listed for that in person) and I've seen used 686s and 686+s go up to $450, usually they're $400-420. New they run over $500 here.

NAVIGATOR

MODEL 686

I've noticed, around my neck of the woods, that an excellent condition used S&W revolver goes for around $100 less than the "street price" of a new one.

Last edited:

Rob96

Like I said in my response, no more than $300, but interestingly enough a local dealer has a used M19 with 2.5" barrel for $339.

lonegunman

Rob 96:

You need to start exporting used guns to the rest of the country. In GA, I would say a LNIB 686 would be $350-375.

bountyh

In west coast, new 686's run about $550. I never see used ones at all out here any more. I bought a used one way back in 1996 and paid $350 (best gun I own).

branrot

I picked up my 1985 made 686 with 4 inch barrel and wood grips brand new (never been fired, I checked) a few months ago on an internet auction for 370 plus shipping and transfer fee. Check www.auctionarms.com and www.gunbroker.com. Most excellent 686's go for around 300-325. If you can't find them locally, find them on the net.