Price check: Walther P-5 Compact w/extras

Marko II

I've been offered a Walther P-5 Compact (not the fullsize) in like new condition, with stock grips, one pair of Nill walnut thumbrest grips, one pair of Nill walnut non-thumbrest grips, four extra mags, and three custom leather holsters (the maker escapes me at the moment).

What would be a fair and realistic offering price for the entire lot?

Thanks and take care all. Marko

denfoote

Marko,
Thinking about abandoning Pistolet Makarova for a Walther??? :eek: Here is a approx list of retail prices for you.
  • P5C--- $900+ NIB $750 used
    Nill grips--- $150 ea
    P5mags--- $75ea
    holsters---$150+ ea

You add it up, but I think $1000 would be on the low side of fair!! The P5 is a great pistol!! You just might give up the Mak for it!!! ;)

Marko II

Yo Denfoote:

I knew I could count on you to chime in on a Walther question. The Compact in question is in beautiful shape, as are the Nill grips -- very impressed with their quality. The owner is selling the gun in order to finance a new H&K P7M8. He wants $900 for the whole package.

At first, I thought that sounded a little steep. But once I started researching P-5 Compact prices and began adding up all the extras, I realized the price probably wasn't out of line.

Thanks for confirming.

By the way, I haven't given up my Maks -- I still own far more than most people would think normal... :D But I've pretty much been carrying SIGs (229 or 225), an HS2000, or a CZ PCR of late.

One other nice thing about the Walther is its friendliness to left handers. I'm right handed, but have been having severe nerve trouble in my right hand. So I've been practicing my left handed shooting lately.

Maybe I'll just resort to the P-5 Compact on my left hip, a P7M8 on my right, and my 225 (P-6) in the small of my back... :rolleyes:

Take care bud, and thanks again. Marko

Pilot

Hi Marko,

I have a full size Walther P-5 that I've kept N.I.B. Its so beautiful, I can't bear to shoot it! Your deal sounds like it is in the ballpark as the P5c's command a little more money than the P5's because they are more rare in the U.S. Classy gun.