Price check - S&W M19 2.5 " - Comments?

Yanus

Friends,
I found a Smith M19 blue 2.5" at a pawn shop for $279.
It is in excellent shape. The piece looks as if it has
been fired very little. The bluing is 98%. I don't think
it was ever carried in a holster. The $64,000 question is is it worth $279? I have a 4" M19 in nickel that I bought recently. I really don't need another handgun, but I sure
am tempted by this one. I've never been much of a fan of full frame snubbys, however. Anybody have one or have shot one in the past? It would be strictly used for recreation with mild .357 handloads. I already have plenty of carry guns. I am trying to decide whether or not to break out the plastic this weekend. Thanks in advance for all of your comments. They are always appreciated.

J. Parker

Yanus; If it were me :) I'd sure as hell figure out a way to get it. If it's as cherry as you say then that's an excellent price. If there was a 98% M19 around here I guarantee you it would be $350.00. I've owned both a M19 21/2 incher and a M66 21/2 incher. I loved both. I carried the M66 for many a mile in the woods from So. Calif to the Oregon border. As far as ammo is concerned you can go from mild to wild. Veratility to the max. Holsters and grips galore. To me, the M19/66 21/2 inchers are all time classics. I like powerful snubbies and there're the best. Good Luck, J. Parker

C.R.Sam

Good price; GREAT gun.

I would much prefer a 2.5" 19 to a same length 66 or 686.

Sam....my favorite 9mm is the 9X32R

Yanus

Thanks, guys. I'll go check out the pawn shop tomorrow when I get in. If it is still there, I will pick it up.
I can already hear my wife, Shorty, now. "What, another gun?" To which I always reply, "Baby, it's like eating peanuts, you can't have just one!" LOL!
Have a better day!

Yanus

I recently bought a M19 nickel 4" NIB for $350. It still amazes me that there are so many of these beautiful old guns out there that are new or almost new. I guess with the baby boomers beginning to retire, more and more of these 70's guns will appear. I love it! As a young man in the 70's, I didn't have the money. Now that I am financially able, these pieces are becoming available again at resonable prices. I get a kick out of watching some young fellow think nothing of paying $500 plus for the latest wonder auto while totally ignoring these old revolvers. I guess I am getting sentimental in my old age, (44), but I look at these revolvers as old friends I haven't seen in a long time! Have a better day!