Price check - Ruger Mark I

OnTheFly

I may have the opportunity to buy a Ruger Mark I that has light to moderate wear. It still functions well with probably 1-2 K rounds through it.

I was wondering what a fair price might be for this firearm.

Thanks,
Fly

SW40F

We picked up a fair example for $150 locally. Older model [Edit: made in 1951 or 1952] with 'reversed' magazine button and no 'slide' lock on last round fired.

We didn't steal it, but we did we walk away quickly before anyone else knew we had bought it. ;)

Cleaned up really easy, and shoots fine.

Last edited:

allenomics

How old is it? You can check at www.ruger.com.

I own one of the last Standard .22 models made (#511 of 5000 stainless produced during its final run in the early 1980's). It's new in its wooden box. I think it should sell for about $750, but book value is only about half of that.

Chances are you'll get a deal if you can buy it in "moderate" condition for $250. For a gun that old, 1000 - 2000 rounds down the barrel; that's not much.

elkman06

I have # 5230 Ruger standard .22 ever built. Built in 49 according to their website. It still has the red bird on it, prior to Sturm's death. I would put a price on it near $1K. Might not be realistic but I wouldn't sell it for even that. $200 ought to be a fairly decent price for a later gun in good shape. elkman