Price check, Rossi M720

BamaBowtie

What is a Rossi M720 .44special worth? Mine is in excellent condition and has the fluted cylinder and adjustable sights with a 3" barrel. I also have 50 rounds of CCI Blazer loaded with 200gr. Gold Dot hp's.

SANY1717.jpg

Dakoma

Got One Just Like It

I have had mine awhile and made me a crossdraw holster,I'm left handed .Whenever I travel it's the one I carry,with my Colt Goverment under the floormat.They dont make them anymore,My cousin is really upset that he sold his.Good shooters and the price is bound to go up.I'm keeping mine.

dabigguns357

Rossi M720 .44 special

I was in a pawn shop this afternoon and saw both a model rossi m462 and a rossi m720 sitting next to each other and both of them were 299.00 lnib.These type of gunes are turning up everywhere.I have both the m461 and the m677 357 mag.The 461 was given to me and i bought the 677 for 125.00.

Lloyd Smale

I sold mine about 2 years ago for 225 so 300 sounds reasonable. There good little guns for the price. Mine wasnt a tack driver but i did find loads that would shoot around 2 inch at 25 yards.

dabigguns357

prices on rossi

I guess the prices for rossi hasn't changed much over the years.Hey revolverRo you shoot much,if so where?I live just down the road in Huntington and there really isn't a good place to shoot,except for going way out to beechfork.

BamaBowtie

Thanks for all the replies. I have a grand total of $199 in the gun and $27 for the gold dot's. I bought it last Oct. and have not been able to get to the range since. If I don't get to shoot it soon I'll lose interest and end up selling it.

RevolverRO

I am fortunate enough to have kinfolk with property to shoot on...last year I rented a home from my uncle and had my own private hollow to shoot in...now I trek out to his farm--100+ acres--whenever I want to shoot.

I'm still kinda nw to the area, I haven't been to any actual commercial ranges since moving to W. Va.

tulsamal

I bought my first one brand new at SW Shooters in OKC in the early 90's for $206. Years later I saw another one on gunbroker for $175 and I couldn't resist. So I have both models now. My first one had AS and the later one is fixed sights, bobbed hammer, etc.

Both are nice solid little guns. Heavy but compact. Quite accurate actually. I use the one with AS around the property all the time. I do reload for .44 Special but for a using gun I usually just drop in some Blazers. They have the Gold Dot bullet and do whatever I ask of them.

Gregg

tulsamal

Actually, my gunsmith asked me if I would sell him one of my 720's the last time he saw them. I'm pretty sure he would buy that gun from you if you really do want to sell it.

Gregg

RevolverRO

I like the adjustable sights, although the plastic front blade cracked and I had to press it back together with superglue. Does CCI/Blazer still make the .44 special shotshell ? I have a dozen or so that I load in the first two chambers of my Rossi whenever I'm off with the kids picking berries in the summer, in case we run across a snake. I like the Blazer 200 gr Gold Dot, but I've had a few failures to fire with them--I tried the shells in my .44 mag and they failed to ignite as well. I've heard the aluminum Blazer rounds have a shorter primer sjelf life then standard Boxer primers--any of you have this problem ? (Let me say I've never had a problem with brand-new out of the box Blazers, it's just when they are a year or two older, when I'm cleaning out my loose ammo drawer and shooting all my leftovers.)

B.N.Real

I would keep it.

44 specials of all makes are going for a premium these days as people get down to the brass tacks of guns with enough power to stop an assailalant that won't defen you.

That's a great looking handgun by the way.