Price Check: Remington Model 7 .243

Joat

Anybody know what model 7s are going for these days?
I have a buddy who is selling one and don't know fair value.
My Blue Book is from 2000:eek: and I haven't seen one at any of the places I've been lately.

98% .243, open sights, with a youth stock and second full length stock.
(If the asking price is in the ballpark, this might be my son's first deer rifle.)

Thanks
Joat

longboard

My Big 5 has a new one in 308 for about 700.00 no sights.
I want one, it is just the right size only in .223.
Good Luck
Longboard

Would have liked one for a pro custom Scout project but they are way too pricey. how much is he asking?
A 7 would be THE perfect platform for a .243 for a first deer rifle, don't get better than that. Remember too this is a desirable rifle that will hold value over the years.

mikejonestkd

I just saw a used model 7 with a laminated stock in .243 for $600 at Gander mountain.

They tend to hold their value pretty well considering that many are made every year.

Joat

Thank you

Ok folks, I knew it was a good deal but I didn't know how good.

My son is now the proud owner (once he gets it away from his dad:D) of a model seven in .243 with a youth stock for now and a full size stock for later.

All this and 2 boxes of cartridges for $400.00. I told my buddy that he was too low on the price and he said that $400.00 was what it was worth to him.

If y'all know anybody that is a chromeaholic and has a new Harley, these are the folks to buy guns from.:cool:

Joat