Price check on Rem 700

burrhead

I'm looking at a left handed Rem 700 BDL in 243. It's in excellent condition with weaver bases installed. Remington isn't making short actions for lefties any more. He's asking $450. What do ya'll think about that price.

------------------
Join the NRA.

[This message has been edited by burrhead (edited September 30, 2000).]

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I believe the $365 price is for the ADL. The October 9th Shotgun News shows BDLs around $450 or so...

FWIW, Art

PS: I oughta be back in Terlingua around October 10. Sheesh! I hope no later!

[This message has been edited by Art Eatman (edited October 01, 2000).]

burrhead

I guess I'm going to try and beat him down fifty bucks but I may bite regardless.
It'll be good to see you back in the country, Art. :) It's cooled down and the weather is perfect.

------------------
Join the NRA.

WalterGAII

Fireforged: You might have seen a 700 in .243 for $365, but you didn't see it in long action. .243 is a short action round in the 700. I bet you didnt see a BDL for $365, either.

FireForged

Yep... I am mistaken. My wife sent me back to Wal-Mart for some stuff and I looked again. It is the ADL and the one in the case is a 270 in the 243 slot.

sorry gang ;(

[This message has been edited by FireForged (edited October 01, 2000).]

riverdog

Just back from Wally World...Synthetic stocked ADL's go for less than $400 and BDL's considerably more as in $600-700. Assuming you're a Southpaw, go for it.

burrhead

Thanks for the replies guys but I got over bid at the last minute so the whole thing is moot. :(
Happy shooting.

------------------
Join the NRA.

Danny45

Burrhead, sorry to hear you lost out on that rifle. They do seem to go for alot more than that around here. Like 600-800 depending on model. I'm not too fond of Remington right now. Bought a 700 SSBDM this past year and it sucked. Could not get it to shoot. And that's after I had another 250.00 put into it trying to get it to shoot. Finally dropped it, the scope, bipod, case, everything for 500 at a gun show and didn't wince a bit about losing money. I don't know why that rifle was so bad, especially after all the Remington hype about accuracy. Just one of those things. Hope you find replacement. Try Savage. Alot cheaper than Remington and I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm a Browning man myself now. Take care and good luck.

------------------
"Charlton Heston is my President"

Danny45
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

Thibault

Yep!
I agree with Danny, Savage is the only major manufacturer that sells LH Short actions, in more calibers that you dream of, all of them very reasonably priced... take a look at them before trying to chase around old and scarce remingtons. That brand new Savage would cost you less money and trouble than any pre-owned Rem... And accuracy has nothing to be ashamed of...

WalterGAII

The Savage trigger is pretty brutal. You might want to look at spending $80 or so on a Sharpshooter trigger. Friend of mine has a Savage varmint model (I don't know the number) with the Sharpshooter trigger. It really is nice, and even with the price of the trigger, it's still less than my Rems.

I shoot and prefer Rems; get consistent groups, and love the triggers. I have a friend, however, who also got the stainless DM model in .260, and we haven't been able to get it to shoot, either.

Bogie

Let's see...

Remingon 700 - $400
True action/lugs - $100
Replace trigger - $100
Chamber & headspace new barrel - $415
Glass/steel bed action into replacement stock - $400