Price check on Mod. 7

burrhead

I'm looking for a good Remington Mod. 7 in 308 or 7mm08. Whats a resonable price to pay for a solid rifle.
Thanks in advance.

------------------
Join the NRA.

cjb

It depends on what features you are looking for. The model 7 has a few different configurations these days. WALNUT, YOUTH, and the new one is the STAINLESS LAMINATED with a 20" barrel instead of the traditional 18 1/2 ". These guns range from $375 to $550 depending on what you fancy. Come to think of it there may be a synthetic model too. Check out Remington's website, find the gun you want then go to DAVIDSON'S GUN GALLERY.
They will send you to a local dealer by zip code. They have really decent prices and stock a large number of guns!
CALVIN
" I'M THE NRA! "

burrhead

Thanks for the reply cjb. I should have said I'm looking for a good used price: gun show, private sale, etc. :eek:

------------------
Join the NRA.

[This message has been edited by burrhead (edited February 11, 2000).]

cjb

Hey, NO PROBLEM!
A friend just picked up the gun you are looking for. A model 7 .308, it was a couple years old but in about 95-98% condition. It was real nice! I belive he said he paid $375 for it. Hunting season is over here in Pa. Rifles are going a little cheaper than say, the first of Oct.- hunting season. I would say now is the perfect time to buy one! Check out the used values of these guns in 90%+ cond. I use THE BLUE BOOK! write down a few prices, and stick them in your pocket before going to your gunshows. Then you won't forget what is a good price. I make a "wish list" and "price list" before I go. It seems that after you look at so many guns, you forget the prices!Good luck, and save a few guns for the rest of us !!!!!!
CALVIN
" I'M THE NRA! "