Price Check On Gen 2 Glock 17

Joe_Pike

I was in the local candy store today and looked at a Gen 2 Glock 17. It looked to my like it had never been shot. The candyman said that it had, but if so, it wasn't shot much. It had an adjustable rear sight and a green fiber optic front sight. It was in a foam lined generic plastic case. The bad news - it must have been a post-ban gun because it had two 10 round mags. Price was $379.

I look on GB at times, but I'm wondering what price some of you are seeing guns like this in your local shops for. I still have a gift card with enough money on it to pick it up, but I just haven't been able to drink the Kool-Aid yet. Plus, there are plenty of smarter things to use the gift card for.

carguychris

IMHO $379 for a Gen2 G17 with 10rd mags falls in the "Good but Not Killer Smokin' Great" category. Most reasonably clean G17s seem to sell for $375-$400 in my area; they aren't highly sought after because there are so many in circulation, and they aren't CCW-friendly for most people. That said, the price floor for mainstream-caliber Glocks seems to be ~$325 unless the pistol is truly thrashed. (I've occasionally seen cheaper Glocks, but they usually seem to be oddball calibers like .45GAP and .357Sig, being sold by someone who can't afford to feed it.)

IOW if you really want the pistol, go for it, but this isn't one of those deals you'd be stupid to walk away from. :)

FWIW my favorite way to judge whether an autoloader has truly "never been shot" is to inspect the inner bottom of the mag well. Powder residue and brass shavings can be cleaned off, but deep scuff marks from repeated mag insertions don't go away.

NVBigEd

You won't "get hurt" at that price and they sure aren't making any more.... If you like the gen2 frame, I'd jump on it!

45_auto

17 round mags will cost you about $20 each. Look around a little in your area (where ever you are), every pawnshop around here has 3 or 4 used gen 2 or gen 3 G17's with 2 or 3 high cap mags with a $399 sticker on them. They will usually take $350 for them.