Price check on aisle two??

PolarFBear

Got a flyer from Cabella's. They advertised a M14 A1 "tanker model" for $1495. Looked pretty good. Then in paper today my LGS advertised a M14 A1 @ $1095. Question is Springfield suddenly dumping the M14 models. I don't believe I have ever seen a new one lower than $1595. I've always wanted one but the price was just above my "value" line. Now, they may be affordable. Inputs please.

mellow_c

Palmetto State Armory has had different versions available recently in the $1200.00 range. Can’t go wrong with that!!! They were having rebates on TOP of that deal for a while there too.

I’m pretty sure I saw a “loaded” advertised through grab a gun (?) for less than $1300?

There are some deal out there.

I remember when they were all $1600-1800. Now is probably a pretty good time to buy.

bfoosh006

Still plenty of places selling them for $1600-1800.

If the "LGS" one is new... and a SAI , I'd be plenty interested.

PolarFBear

Yes, it WAS new. Hopped on down to the local (3 local outlets) sporting goods store. I didn't read the "fine print". "In stock firearms only, no rain checks- previous sales-excludes Springfield Hellcat. Well, there was only one. It was sold. The store was reducing it's inventory of Mossberg and Springfield goods. 25% Off "our price ". There were some pretty nice items available. 1911 Defender , $374.99, Maverick 88's $172.49. XD Defender $239.99. Just don't have a need for any of the other items. I see we have had one LGS close recently. The store I normally patronize was "sleepy". I think we are at the bottom of a gun selling cycle and excess inventory is beginning to show. Corporate wise, Colt, led the way eliminating public sales of the AR. Walmart was prescient, they foresee a decline in ammo sales. Don't believe the hype of "for the public good". Great time to be a buyer. Disappointed on missing my M1A. But, there will be another.

T. O'Heir

Cabela's tends to be more expensive than other places. They usually list MSRP as their price. And SA Inc. stuff is over priced to start with. Their MSRP on their so-called "tanker" is $1,987.00.
There ain't no space in a tank for a 37.25" rifle.