price check Dan Wesson bbl assembly used?

old_yout

What can I expect to pay for a used Dan Wesson barrel and shroud and all that good stuff? It seems like all the used Dan Wessons I'm seeing are 6" and 8" and what I really want is a 4".
The website quotes one price ($133) but I'm wondering what I might be able to pay for a used barrel assembly. And also, the ones on the website appear only to be stainless steel. Ideally I'll be getting a blued one. Will this affect price much?
Thanks,
S

Jamis

I haven't priced them lately, but a couple years ago I had three Dan Wessons. The resale of the guns and extra barrels was fairly low. I remember seeing used barrels and shrouds for around $25-$50 depending upon the length and caliber.

Swamp Yankee

You don't state which caliber but finding a used 4 inch will be tough. It's one of if not the most popular barrel lengths. Especially in the small frame models.
As such a used barrel and shroud assembly in that length is probably going to be closer to the $50 price unless the dealer just wants to unload it. If that's the case offer $20.
Blued shrouds are available from DW for all current product offerings. They will fit the older guns manufactured in Monson or Palmer Mass. provided it's the same model number.
Take Care

ReadyOnTheRight

Old Yout -- Call Olde West Gun & Loan in Redding, CA at 530-243-8334. Very good guys. They are getting rid of their Dan Wesson inventory and quoted me some pretty good prices on barrels and shrouds. Hopefully they have a 4" left for you. They also have some manuals.

Also - check out www.e-bay.com and www.auctionarms.com

makarov

You might be just as well off to search for *another* Dan Wesson that has the barrel length that you want. It may even come with some other lengths. These guns don't have great resale value. I recently picked up one of the older models in .357 with 3 - barrels (snubbie, 4" and 6") for $200 (plus tax).

Otherwise search on e-bay or one of the firearms specific websites. E-Bay will allow people to sell firearms parts and accessories, but not actual firearms needing an FFL.

Good Luck

Last edited:

old_yout

Hm. Yeah, I've been checking the auction houses and nothing's come up yet.
And I'm looking for it in .44. I guess I should have assumed it was going to be a popular barrel length. I'm in no hurry, though, since I have neither the gun nor the desire to carry it so a longer barrel won't make much of a difference. But still, it'd be nice.