Press cleaning and maint

308Loader

Shooting season is here:). My presses have ben going overtime making range ammo. Looking for suggestions on cleaning regiment for dies, 4hole turret, and a single stage.

What to clean with?
What to lube with?

I've ben wiping down the press with rem wipe's and rem oil or graphite depending.

Dies, I've used alcohol, break cleaner, sonic cleaner. Best has ben Q-tip with rubbing alcohol to remove lube inside and rem oil/wipe outside.

The single stage press feels dry, the 4 hole indexing is getting weak, and don't want to wreck my dies or brass.

Thanks and happy shooting to all!

burrhead

I clean dies with Hoppes and, after wiping them dry, spray them down with dry lube. I have two single stage presses and a LNL AP. The powder coated parts of the presses just get wiped with a clean rag. The uncoated parts (the rams, handles, etc) wiped clean and a thin coat of lithium grease on the rams and dry lube on the rest. A little CLP on the pivot points.

I live in the desert so rust isn't really a problem, dust is. I keep them covered when not in use. Your mileage will vary if you're having to deal with humidity.

springer99

Clean and lube with One-Shot. It'll do the job and won't pick up the primer debris and loose powder likes other tend to do.