Preferred Sights for GP100

Micahweeks

So, I'm still working on this project GP100. I'm going to be looking at sights next. I was hoping to get night sights for this gun, but it appears my options are extremely limited (the reason I thought about having it machined for Novaks). All I have found are the Meprolights and XS sights. Does anyone have experience with these on the GP100 4" and does anyone know of another night sight option?

Just to be clear, I'm not against other sights and use black notch and blade sights for hunting all the time and one gun with a gold bead. I am just hoping to have at least one revolver with night sites, and I was kind of hoping it could be this one.

Viper225

I have a Marble Fiber Optic on my 3 Inch GP100.

233bl1.jpg

Lett style Fancy Rubber Grips with Fancy Fish Scale Inserts By Altamont. Marble Fiber Optic Front Sight for the 480 Ruger SRH. Action Job complete with springs and a full shim package. Rocky Hill Leather Pancake. Safariland Comp III speed loader, and a Big Creek Kydex Speed Loader Carrier.

n1tg9g.jpg

Rear View of the Marble Fiber Optic front sight. NOTE: I have since blacked out the White Outline back sight blade.

wr1e1i.jpg

Close Up side view of the Marble Sight. I have had this same front sight for a back-up on all 4 of the Super RedHawk Hunting Revolvers I have owned. So far not a problem. Note this is the Quick Change front sight used on the Adjustable Sight version of the GP100. For a Pinned on Front Sight Gemini Customs might not be a bad place to start looking.

Bob

Micahweeks

I looked at that Marble sight. Do you have trouble getting it zeroed with it being so tall? Or does it just look taller than it is? It just seems awfully tall in all the pictures I see.