Precision bullets

smuckie

Anyone have a 9mm recipe for 124 grn flat point Precision bullets,tightgroup powder, I loaded 100 and set them at 1.16 aol and tried them in my Walther PPX and trey won't go in all the way, acts like their hitting the rifling in barrel, tried in a Ruger and a Browning and they were fine in them, any ideas?

condor bravo

Well first guess would be that the Walther chamber is shorter to the rifling than the others and setting bullets slightly deeper could cure the difficulty. Second guess would be headspacing, that the cases need to be trimmed to headspace on the case mouth, thereby locking the action properly, but that does not seem likely.

OLEJOE

I loaded some Precision Bullets for my 45 and they had to be seated pretty deep also. Bullets are probably touching the leade to the rifling in the barrel. Try seating the bullets a little deeper in small increments checking each time to see when they fit. Keep us updated.

jag2

When I first started reloading 9mm the "standard" ol was 1.169 so you are close to that. Check most of the manuals now and you will find they recommend much shorter, some even less than 1.1. If you shorten it up the problem should go away but double check your powder load. You may need to reduce it a tad.

mt_goat

I've been loading the 125g .356 Precision flat pt to 1.152 OAL for 9x19 with good results in my old Springfield P9. I don't have a case gauge for 9x19 but they drop in and fall out of my barrel fine.

Yesterday I started loading the same bullet in 38 Super loads and noticed they stuck in my Midway case gauge about 1/16 inch out. I figured out the bullet is hanging up in the case gauge, not the case. With a little force the round will go into the case gauge completely but the bullet coating is scraped off on one side. The rounds will fall in and out of both my 38 Super barrels fine so I guess its just a gauge issue with this type bullet. I'll range test these and look for signs of pressure.