pratice 9mm?

Nimitz87

fixing to order some ammo online...

been looking at Magtech which i've had good experiences with, also WWB, and CCI Blazer...

out of the 3 which would you guys choose? they are within $1 of eachother in price....so...whats the best pratice ammo? what about Sellier and Bellot?

edit: what about cheap JHP ammo?

Chad

Hammerhead

If it's for close range blasting, any of those will do. If you are trying to shoot tight groups at 25 yards or more, I like CCI Blazer or Blazer Brass. Magtech and WWB havn't been too good for me. Oddly enough though, Winchester USA 147 grain fmj-fp shoots like a laser in all my 9mm's. Federal Eagle 124 fmj also seems very accurate.
I think the heavier and longer a bullet is, the better chance you have of getting really good accuracy. Hollowpoints in general also seem more accurate, maybe because they are longer than a fmj in the same weight.

9mm1033

My primary practice 9mm ammo is the WWB or CCI Blazer, along with Remington. The Remingtom seems to kick alittle more and the CCI is (very) slightly more accurate. Slightly! I think most shooters practice with either brand.

JoeHatley

Winchester Value Pack
952_rf.jpg

CCI Blaser
952_cci.jpg

CCI seems to be a bit cleaner and I can buy it for a little less from www.natchezss.com

Joe

Shorts

I like PMC. Its relatively clean and cheap. I also use Fed AE and Remington, but they are dirtier, but just as solid as PMC. WWB I don't often get reliable function in my pistols. Same with CCI. Plus they are dirty.

kymasabe

Blazers or Wolf

Well, I know I'm going to stir things up with this one...but here goes.

American Eagle for me has been junk. I won't use it anymore.
Same goes for PMC.

Remington has been good, my local range also carries some stuff named Independant which has been good. Winchester White box is decent also.

My two ammos of choice for the range though are CCI blazers and Wolf.
My Taurus LOVES the Blazers. They seem more accurate, more controllable. And the same goes for Wolf. No problems with Wolf at all. Cheap, accurate, works every time. If I go to my local IPSC matches, there are shooters there using Wolf, cases of the stuff everywhere so it must work.
Some will complain that Wolf is dirty ammo. I find it is no worse than WWB which I also consider to be dirty ammo. But, I clean my guns after every range session so I don't care.

But...when done and clean...I load all mine with Federal Hydra-Shoks for carry.

Last edited:

Christian 812

I own a Sig-Sauer P226 and A H&K P2000 SK, both in 9mm.
For practice at the range, I use cheap but still really reliable ammo (Sellier Bellot 115 grs).
Now, considering the caliber (9 mm is not .45), and for use in the P2000 as CC.
What you guys consider a 9 mm having the best stopping power facing a raging situation ?

Thanks for answer

BerettaCougar

The only 9mm pistol I have now is a P990 (DAO)
So it isnt much of a range gun.
But I put WWB through it at the range.

And I pack it with Federal hydra's.

mark8252

9mm Ammo

Normally use Walmart 9mm. Target ammo for 100 is about $11.00.
I have shot over a thousand rounds of it with no problems yet.

I also buy used factory loaded ammo in pawn shops all the time. Yet to have any problem. This method is even cheaper than Walmart.

Once in awhile I go to the big gun shows in Denver and buy factory reloaded ammo. In over 2000 rounds had 2-3 jam. I call that pretty good.

For self defense I use Corbon ammo no more than 3 months old purchased from a local gun shop. As I replace it I use it for practise.
Mostly use cheap ammo though because i love to plink with any and all calibers.

Christian 812

Guys, tks for advices.

Corbon seems, in fact, very impressive ammo ! At the price, I woudnt certainly use it as a range ammo ....! But for for my CC P 2000 SK ... I 'll certainly buy a few boxes.

Cha

LoadIt

I ws getting PMC from Natchez Shooters Supply. It was fairly inexpensive. Recently I noticed that PMC is higher priced than the WWB 9mm. Just ordered 1000 rounds of WWB in 9mm and 1000 in .45ACP.