PPK and Cor-Bon ammo

IZZY

Give it a good work out in your pistol first. If after at least 200 rounds ( 50 in a tight pinch) if it functions 100% use it.

I use ball or Hydro-shocks due to is ecexelent reliability due to it's nose shape ( it's a tight hollow and nickel plated).

One thing to be careful about is that Cor-Bons can get crushed easy by jams when you do have one ( the bullet seats too deepy), such as when you may accedently rack the slide improperly to chamber a bullet. Due to this inherent lack of durrability I do not use Cor-Bons in any of my ammo. But many will disagree with me due to the rounds super performance once fired.

Strayhorn

I must first admit that I have not used Cor-Bons in either my PPK or my PPK/s, so I'm at a loss to answer directly your question. However, I will second the advice to put several boxes through your handgun before you stake your defense on it.

In my small Walthers, I've been using the Fiocchi ammo. The SJHP works best in the PPK, and the FMJ works best in the PPK/s.

YMMV, of course.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

WIL TERRY

WALTHER PP AND PPKs 380's AND CORBON

THE WALTHER PP and PPKs 380 pistols can be snooty as to their diet. A PPK is our standard 380 test pistol here at the plant. We figure if we can make it perculate on a regular basis the rest come easy. Some of the new PPKs pistols are throated so shortly the rifling contacts the ogive of the bullet and holds on tightly enough to pull the bullet if you have to unload the pistol. Haven't a clue why this has suddenly began happening but something has definately happened with WALTHER 380 chambers. If your pistol will chamber and function with the CORBON 380 +p's there is no reason not to use them. They are perfectly safe in the gun. I've shot thousands of our 380 seconds through guns much less worthy than the WALTHER pistols with nary a problem other than one 380 hitting me in the face with its empty brass. Some would say that's no big deal; I do have a mug my momma could love... TM