Pp Ppk Ppk/s

Sgt127

I'm curious what others think of the different Walther models. What is/was/would be your favorite if you chose a Walther PP Model. As I see it, the PPK has the advantage of concealability and the high double naught spy factor going for it, the PP was the West German Police duty gun forever and made Walther famous. The PPK/S, though a bastardization created by the GCA 68 gives you decent concealability but, the full magazine capacity. I've found that with the flat floorplate, I run out of room for my fingers on the PPK, but, can get them all on with either the PPK/S or PP. If I add the finger extension floorplate to the PPK, I can get all my fingers back on the gun, but, the height is almost the same as the PPK/S and PP. I'm refering to the .380 but, if you have a .32 or even .22, the dimensions are the same, I have one of each size, in different calibers and personally lean towards the PPK/S. Wondering what others thought.

9mmepiphany

i have a PP in .22lr that i find to be the perfect plinker with it's longer barrel and grip frame

my PPK in .380 was my hideout gun for ages with the shorter and thinner grip frame being a bigger advantage then the shorter barrel.

when i had a PPK/s in .380, the PP grip frame made it as hard to conceal as a PP and i was also giving up the longer barrel (velocity, sight radius)

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I've owned two German made Walther PPK/S firearms.
Great little guns; but chambered for the puny .380 ACP
cartridge.:eek: I would much rather have an auto loader
chambered in 9m/m Parabellum.:D

My daughter currently owns an American made, stainless
steel Walther PPK. Despite all the bad press, this little gem
is fantastic; having never failed during testing, even with
the use of several different hollow-point configuration's.:cool:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Southern Raider

The "bad press" seems to come from a very small but vocal group of American PPK owners. Everybody makes a lemon, it's just a question of how many.

My stainless Interarms works great with HPs as well. With an XP recoil spring and RP trigger spring I've also corrected the extremely heavy trigger pull.