Powder Dilema AA2230 and WC844

Jamie Young

I have about 30rds of .223 that I have to pull the bullets out of for various reasons. I've been reloading 26.1gr of WC844 and 26.1gr of AA2230. I got some of them mixed in together and once I pull the bullets I don't know if I'll be able to tell the powder apart. Do you think its ok to mix these two powders in together? Its the same Powder load?

Cheapo

30 rounds isn't enough to worry about for me. Even though the powder charge weights are identical, the idea of mixing leaves me quite uneasy, unless you're doing truly scientific work 'em-up with detailed data-gathering load development. Over a broad range of temperatures. Including a Chrono. Preferably a strain gage, too.

Jamie Young

Well I bought 8lbs of the WC844 a few months ago and I can't afford to buy another 8lbs of it right now. Plus I just finished reloading over 2000rds of .223. If I buy more powder I need more Bullets and Brass to load:D

Bogie

30 rounds?

Trash it. Use it for houseplant fertilizer, or put it in a pill bottle and save it for poofing off on the next 4th of july...