potential 45 70 mistake

bobn

gentlemen, this morning while loading some 45 70 ammo I slipped with a primer tray and dropped some primers. while the cost of them buggers is high I could have had a serious problem. one of the primers landed in the large case mouth of a 45 70 case. if I didn't not spot that I could have had a huge pressure problem if I continued to load and fire that case.
...I have made some reloading mistakes over the years. I bring light to them not to complain or brag but to leave it out for others to learn.
.....fwiw bobn

totaldla

Interesting thought, but no - nothing exciting would happen. The teeny-weeny pressure contribution of the primer would be inconsequential in light of the rest of the powder burning.

SpringOWeiler

My biggest reloading mistake was loading cci large rifle primers into 10mm auto casings. Granted it took about 5 resrikes to get the rounds too fire off. I got a lot of practice with flinch control. BTW I made about 700 rounds with this primer. No pressure problems or anything other than increasing my firing spring weight. Best worst mistake I ever made. Granted I'm stupid for not looking at the primers but I did tell my dealer I wanted large pistol primers and he accidentally gave me 1000 large rifle primers by accident. I didn't look so the blame was on me.