• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

posting classified adds

Spats McGee

Administrator
You have to have been a member for 30 days, with 25 meaningful posts. It looks like you joined about 4 days ago, so that's the problem.

Panamaszr12

I’ve been a member for over a year, and in the past year. Sincr then I have gone threw a triple low back fusion, and just last week a total hip replacement. I want to get back into shooting and yes am looking to purchase a new rifle so I can get back into shooting. No I’m not looking for sympathy but it would be great if there was a way to have some lead way for someone in my situation to get a break to post wtb a rifle.

Panamaszr12 said:
I’ve been a member for over a year, and in the past year. Sincr then I have gone threw a triple low back fusion, and just last week a total hip replacement. I want to get back into shooting and yes am looking to purchase a new rifle so I can get back into shooting. No I’m not looking for sympathy but it would be great if there was a way to have some lead way for someone in my situation to get a break to post wtb a rifle.
I had a hip replaced a little over a year ago. Before the operation the surgeon assured me that I'd be back to 100% within about six weeks. By six weeks I was barely able to hobble around the house with a walker. At my 8-week post-op appointment he then claimed he had said six months, not six weeks. (He said six weeks. I had it n writing.)

Six weeks or six months didn't matter, because by six months post-op I still wasn't anywhere near 100%. I was walking and driving, but I needed a cane. It took me about a year to get back to anything approaching normal.

So don't be is a rush to buy a rifle. If you haven't been paying attention, firearms are in short supply right now and prices are astronomical, so it's a bad time to buy even if you're healthy and could shoot tomorrow. Considering that you have some recuperation time, I would suggest that you spend some of that time participating on this site so the classifieds will open up for you.

Your profile says you joined up in October of 2015, so you have been a member for over five years -- and you never posted until January 6 of 2021? Why not? Irrespective of the reason, you now have some time on your hands while you heal, so put it to good use.