• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

posting a photo?

MosinNOUGAT

Go here:

http://tinypic.com/

You just upload a photo, then look for the Forum/Message board URL and paste it in.

This is the result:
143kzzb.jpg

Mal H

Staff
... and you can improve on that even more by using the RESIZE tag set like this:

[resize=1000][img]http://i63.tinypic.com/143kzzb.jpg[/img][/resize]

Which yields:

143kzzb.jpg

GWS

I looked at Imgur and found the same restrictions against forum embedding. They just aren't enforcing it yet.

I did find Postimage.org who seem to "love" forum embedding. At least that's what they claim......but they don't do videos yet.....for that I quess it's Google's YouTube.

I know the picture below is huge, the original 3648X2736....posted just to make a point...but with Postimage you can choose how big by choosing pixels like 640x400 or less if you prefer. See second photo under this one.
IMG_2539.jpg

640x400 below:
IMG_2539.jpg

bye, PhotoBucket, not missing you anymore at all. But still mad as hell that I have many ruined threads and posts on this and several other gun forums.

Hopefully soon, we will be able to edit photobucket's damage out.....right Mal?:D

Last edited: