• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Posting a photo with photobucket???

GWS

It's pretty simple, just push the picture icon in the post editing screen here and enter the Photobucket picture's "direct link" address, and hit enter. (using cntrl-c to copy from Photobucket, the cntrl-v to paste into this forum's edit screen.) It's harder to word this than to do it!:)

Then pay your 400 dollars that allows you to post pictures to 3rd parties.........or wait for them to replace your pictures with their infamous "no 3rd party hosting for free" notice that ruined hundreds of thousands of forum and blog threads and posts world wide last summer when they changed their business model to a destruct/self-destruct model. :mad:

If you want real free 3rd party hosting go to a site like Postimage.org.

Whatever you do, back up your pictures on DVDs on other "permanent" storage you own...................or even the cloud if you trust google/microsoft/apple etc. to not change their policies to make them richer and you poorer with other blackmail schemes of a similar nature. The "cloud" owns everything you give them. Remember possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Last edited:

rodfac

I used Postimage to post the pic below...like many, Photobucket's hostage move last year decimated my firearms pic files...once burned, twice smart. Rod

Test image:

res45

I have photobucket and have uploaded some photos but cannot determine what to do next. How do I proceed to post a photo?

Copy the IMG link and paste it in your post. I used to use Photobucket before they started the pay to play service out of the blue an wiped out years of photos I had on various forums, I switched to Imgur.

Just in case anyone is interested there is a Photobucket Hotlink Fix add on for both Firefox and Chrome that will allow you to see blocked Photobucket links that are still on the server.

Hotlink Fix. If you didn't delete your account you can see your original post photos and download them via left click.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?hotlinkfix=1519095667132

condor bravo

I'm still lost with photobucket. I'm operating from a 4x8 tablet. By copying from IMG link, does that mean to go into the photobucket uploaded photos and copy a photo which contains the file name and paste into the post. Or is more else required like a full path from photobucket to show the origin. What is an example of the path? I've been trying for 3 years to post a photo.

Damon555

You won't be able to post photobucket pictures on sites such as this unless you shell out the 3 or 4 hundred dollars that they want for that service. Don't even bother trying, it won't work.

I use this site..... https://postimg.org

rclark

Thanks for the heads up on postimage.org. I need to look into this one. I deleted my photobucket account months ago and haven't posted a picture since.

Damon555

Try this out condor......

copy this code
and paste the image address between the brackets (you can get the image address by right clicking the picture and selecting "copy image address".

It should look like this:

[img]https://s19.postimg.org/uy9l9nsgz/20171026_110432.jpg[/img]

....If you use the advanced message editor there is a selection at the top that adds the code for you.....simply paste the image address into the box that pops up when you click the "insert image" box.

which will result in this:

20171026_110432.jpg

Just remember....photobucket will not let you do this. Sign up at the link I provided above and you'll be golden. Another thing to keep in mind is that your image must already be online....you cannot post a link to an image that is just on your computer.

Last edited:

jamaica

I had over 300 pictures on Photobucket, but when they decided they wanted to charge me a monthly fee to host them, for sharing, I deleted all my photos and left them. I couldn't see a way to delete my account, so guess I still have an account there, but no photos on their site. Far as I am concerned, Photobucket is dead and gone!

GWS

Well uncle......what host are you trying to use? If it's Google Pictures only you can see it.....they don't host to 3rd parties either.

If you are using postimage, then click on your image, click on share, then click on the icon at the end of the "direct link" line. That will "copy" the url so you can paste it. It will look like this:

https://s20.postimg.org/.........................jpg

THEN in the Firing Line edit screen, put your cursor where you want the picture, click the yellow box that has a mountain and sun drawing on it, PASTE (control V) what you copied right over the box with blue "http//" in it.

IMG_2539.jpg

Last edited:

condor bravo

Uncle.45
Sounds like you couldn't make postimg.org work for you. I was successful in making it work for me; see thread Photo Practice.