Post your tactical hunting pics....

Keg

Post em up.... Your harvest(deer..hog..coyote..etc) with your tactical firearm(AR..M1a..bolt action..etc)....

Attachments

• 1507672_657633887613692_1549583741_n.jpg
    1507672_657633887613692_1549583741_n.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 137

tahunua001

do you mean tacktickle like used by military?
100_1528_zps535d16fc.jpg

or tactical like it's evil and black looking?
blankface_zpsdf334382.jpg

or tactical like I tactically used it to get me some dinner?
100_1542_zps85d57c39.jpg

camper4lyfe

That's unpossible. According to Andrew Cuomo, nobody hunts with an "assault weapon"

/sarcasm

I'm a tad jaded these days.

g.willikers

How much did that piggy weigh?
Can't make out what the scale reads.
Is that sack on the side of the rifle for your lunch?

264 lbs. http://youtu.be/6txddnqz7gg

To get back on track, I shoot a 6.5 Grendel (now), 20" barrel, Pulsar N750 digital day and night vision, usually with both a mounted white light and mounted supplemental IR illuminator. The box on top of the scope is a DVR for recording the shots (see link above). The pouch on the stock contains spare batteries, ear plugs, and ammo. As of recently, I have moved to using a brass catcher regularly and have gone with a Tactical Brass Recovery brass catcher which is pretty nifty. I also have a bipod that is quick detach.

I had not considered carrying my lunch in the sack on the side, but now that you mention it, that sounds like a really handy idea. It will hold half a sandwich and some carrot slices, I bet!

Its a lot of garbage and I get ribbed about it, but I use everything on my rifle. Besides, the more I carry it, the stronger my arms get! :D

Very nice. I've hunted with EBRs, but never got a chance to shoot. Don't think I would again - though maybe someday if I snag a 6.8 spc.

And tahunua, wait a sec - did you take down a deer with a head shot from a 9x19 EBR, and a wood stocked one, no less? If so, very nice. :)

And that IS a big ol piggy.

Last edited:

Dirty_Harry

I do plan on taking a deer with my M1A sometime. This year I will probably hunt deer in the shotgun zone (now allowing certain pistol/rifle cartridges) with a 450 bushmaster upper on my DD lower.

Mobuck

Picture an old guy with a fuzzy white beard(sort of an anorexic Santa Claus) wearing blaze orange vest and cap sitting next to a tree, beside a fence post, or in a little plywood shack(looks like an outhouse), holding a "sniper rifle". Is that "tactical" enough?

This bad boy bobcat was stalking fawns I was watching under the feeder. The hogs came in at 130, 200,and 230 lbs.

Attachments

• 100_1951reduced2.JPG
    100_1951reduced2.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_1976reduced2.JPG
    100_1976reduced2.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 40

FrankenMauser

After another hunter hit this speedgoat in the butt, and badly wounded it, I had to drop it on the run.

The Tactical .243: :D
attachment.php

(I had to crop myself out, due to file size.)

Attachments

• DSCF1693_crop_mod.jpg
    DSCF1693_crop_mod.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 127

Brotherbadger

This bad boy bobcat was stalking fawns I was watching under the feeder. The hogs came in at 130, 200,and 230 lbs.

Ok, i'll be the one to ask.............what's with the Angry Birds get up?

Great kills btw.

Ah! Angry Bird.

Angry Bird is the nemesis of hogs. Angry Bird is a hunting totem (I know it looks like a child's stuffed animal pillow) imparted with magico-religious powers imbued upon me by my children for successful hog hunting.

When the trek back to the truck isn't too far, I try to be sure to include it in my hog pics since they gave it to me a couple of Christmases back.

Bottom line, it is a fun thing I do for my kids.

Other examples of Angry Bird and some more "tactical" (okay, just AR15) and traditional rifles.
http://s627.photobucket.com/user/HornHillRange/library/Hogs Taken in Numbered Order?sort=4&page=1

Angry Bird is Angry. What sort of EBR chambering are we hoggin with here? And I admire you zeal to save both your brass and the footage - nice rig, and nice harvests.

Brotherbadger

Ah! Angry Bird.

Angry Bird is the nemesis of hogs. Angry Bird is a hunting totem (I know it looks like a child's stuffed animal pillow) imparted with magico-religious powers imbued upon me by my children for successful hog hunting.

When the trek back to the truck isn't too far, I try to be sure to include it in my hog pics since they gave it to me a couple of Christmases back.

Bottom line, it is a fun thing I do for my kids.

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing that. :D