• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

post padding

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just wondering if you can be banned for "post padding" on TFL??? see i joined another fourm yesterday called kentuckyhuntin.net and i only have 9 posts. i got a message from one of the moderators warning me that post padding would get me banned. :confused:

Mal H

Staff
Define "post padding". If you mean posting trivial posts such as "+1", or nonsense posts, then a member's posting privileges here at TFL may come under scrutiny more than a member who contributes to the knowledge base.

i assume thats what he was refering to but i mean come on ive only got nine posts and most of them are on one thread that i started to ask a question

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
If your posts have been legitimate questions and responses to the answers, which judging from your posts on TFL I would assume that they are, then it sounds to me like the Mods on that particular forum may just have their undies in a knot.

9 posts in one day gets you in trouble? Geez.... I've been AVERAGING that many on TFL for almost a year and a half!:eek::D:eek:

JohnKSa

Administrator
Another way would be to post the same thing over and over an over, especially in several different TFL subforums. Carrying on a conversation that requires several posts is not going to garner negative attention.

Are you talking about trying to increase your post count so you look more legitimate when selling something?

Most people check the join date and feedback and hold both in higher regard than if you are a "senior member." I don't see any reason you would want to do this except if you are selling something and then I don't think it would work that well.

no its nothing like that. this happend on another forum where they put some value on ur status.(i.e. junior member, member, senior member) but on there it goes fawn, spike, 6 pointer, 8 pointer and on. but its no big deal i got it figured out now

madmo44mag

LOL- I'd be gone pretty quick there myself.
If a another member has posted what I was about too - Quote them and +1
No need to restate it IMHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.