Post Election Purchases

Karanas

Anyone planning a post election firearms purchase?
Either one of celebration or desperation ... depending on the outcome of the election.
If so, what?

Bush victory
jump.gif
- Remington 700 PSS

Gore victory
pukeface.gif
- Robinson Arm M-96

A

AmericanFreeBird

Bush victory:
jump.gif

.22LR/Magnum target pistol.
Moderate amount of ammo.

Gore victory:
Winchester mod. 70 in .308
Telescopice sites/Night scope
1000rds of .308, 7.62x39,
.223 rem.
500rds of .45acp and .357mag
Auto staging reloading press
load of powder for same.
Lead melting pot and bullet
molds in ball and HP for above
caliburs.
etc. etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by AmericanFreeBird (edited November 06, 2000).]

Indy Steve

Karanas,

I too am looking at the Robarm M-96. Also looking into a SA SAR8. Whom ever wins I will be shopping. Any leads you care to share on the M-96?

I have to keep shopping, I don't have enough eggs to make an omlete yet.

Wallew

I am in the process of upgrading my collection. Selling all my AR's (2 Bushmasters and an AR pistol by Rocky Mountain Arms) for HK 93's and if any $ left over I will purchase an HK 91. I am going to make a good deal to somebody on my Les Baer Custom 1911 for the same reason. To raise $ for converting my collection to HK. REGARDLESS of who wins. I have decided to go with fewer higher priced items than more lower priced ones. Gun shows next TWO weekends! My .02!

Bogie

If Bush wins, I'll be getting another benchrest rifle from Ron Hoehn (see his website at benchrest.com - cool stuff). May get an unlimited class "rail gun."

If Gore wins, I'm back on the "gun a month" club - Gonna stock up on Savages and the like. May actually buy a few pistols.

F

freedomlover

Regardless of who wins: Romanian SAR-1 and a Romanian SKS. I figure the window of opportunity may be closing on these items very soon regardless of the outcome of the election. Another case or three of to feed my new babies couldn't hurt either.

I hope and pray that Bush wins this election...

freedomlover

------------------
Sic semper tyrannis

Country Boy

Gore wins - Full size 1911 - Probably a Springfield

[This message has been edited by Country Boy (edited November 07, 2000).]

TexasVet

Going to get a lower for the AR15 16" kit I've been putting together over the last month or so. No matter WHO wins. Got the AK last month and the SKS before that. After the HGCA Show in Houston this month, I hope to be needing only more ammo!

------------------
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
68-70
true story, a Union Gen. once said "Don't worry about those Rebs. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..SPLAT.

ckurts

Yeah, got several ideas in mind:

Taurus or Charter 5 shot .44 Special
One of those little Springfield .410/.22 LR "survival" guns
Single shot 10 gauge (H&R?)

2 consecutive gun show weekends coming up in Houston...

Kurt

kjm

Bush victory: target ammo; probably 30-06, and .223. I may scrape up enough money to also buy the lumber for the shooting bench, and enough for a little shaded shooting area for me and my son to shoot on sunny or rainy days at the ranch.

Gore victory: Stockpile ammo. same calibers, good scope for the .223 w/ bdc, and maybe 2 more M1 Garands (one for each of my imeadiate family). I will also get a few 8lb kegs of 4895, plenty of primers, some 150gn FMJ .30 cal bullets. Body armor with extended protection (lower groin), night vision, and a horse (which may be the only form of legal transport after a Gore presidency), and one of those safes to hide my bible, and pocket constitutions in.