Possible Trade

OldSoul

I may have a possibility to trade my stainless Ruger SR9 for a Mossburg 4x4 in 300 win mag. It has the laminate stock and maricote barrel. Is this something I should even be considering? I love the pistol but also want a 300 and it seems to me like its a good trade. HELP PLEASE!!!!!:eek:

MarkDozier

Check the blue book value of each gun to see of you are getting a fair trade. Your lgs should have or the libary.

Hansam

Even if both guns are worth about the same it also boils down to which one you would prefer more.

If you're not entirely sure about wanting the rifle long enough to trade off your SR9 then don't do it otherwise you'll be bitten with buyer's (trader's) remorse.

If you want the rifle more than you want your pistol then the trade will be a good trade regardless of monetary value.

In the end its all about how much each gun is worth to you.

OldSoul

That's just it I have other guns I can carry but I really want a 300 mag I'm just not sure if I should go through with the trade or wait an save up to buy one.

hermannr

I have done one trade in my life, back in the 1960's a traded a little Ruger Bearcat for a Marlin...still have the Marlin and have shot thousands of rounds through it, BUT, I still miss the Bearcat.

After that trade, I said never again...never sell or trade off any of my babies, just buy, never sell....I guess that makes me a collector, eh?