Poor Australian dude in major trouble for having a compressed air gun

astromanluca

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/a-warning-to-all-australian-spudders-t15906.html

It's just a forum post, not a news article, so here you go:

I'm speaking behalf of my good mate. All of you know him as RNA Duelers. This is a warning to every country to that has spudguns of any shape and form, banned and illegal.

RNA's mate just got caught by the police with a simple golf ball gun. His mate is now up for up to 10 years in prison. I just lathed a o-ringed aluminium piston for my 600psi gun and after I found out, calling it quits is the best idea. Tomorrow I'm giving away every fitting I have. My mate is a plumber so I'm sure he can use the fittings. It's just not worth ruining my life. Time to take up a new hobby...

Be careful!

Mitch.

I never really thought about it before but upon reading this post I looked it up and apparently, air-powered guns of all kinds are heavily restricted. Makes no sense (even less than their normal gun bans, which are already really strict)... I just can't believe they'd send an otherwise well-behaved person to prison for ten years for owning an air gun. Just awful.