Pondering a trade

BamaBowtie

I have wanted one of the steel framed Kahr's for a long time now, but have never had the money and gun available at the same time. I really don't know the trade value of one so I ask, would my 95% S&W 442-1 be in the ballpark for a fair trade on a similar condition MK9 or MK40?

oneounceload

The prices I am seeing on GB and other places put the Kahrs around 750 and up, way above the 442 - now, trading your 442 and some cash might work

BamaBowtie

Yeah, I'm having trouble pricing used Kahr's because NOBODY is selling the steel frame's. The only one I've seen used was an MK40 at a gunshow last year for $400. I almost made the trade then, but didn't want to let go of my proven pocket gun but now I have a Kel-Tec P3AT that I have proven reliable and no longer seem to have a use for the Smith. I guess my best bet would be to just try to squirrel away a little cash here and there and buy one at tax time.

orionengnr

I have seen steel framed Kahrs at around $500.
Haven't grabbed one yet; may one day. They are out there, keep your eyes open.

Deaf Smith

Gun dealers usually give you 1/2 what the gun is worth. So if you trade for the Kahr, expect the Smith to trade for only $250 or less. So, no I would not to the trade.

Save your money and buy the Kahr later. But I also suggest you go by a gun range where they have a Kahr for rent. Shoot it to make sure it's what you want. The steel framed ones are HEAVY.