Polymer Striker Make vs. Model / Caliber

JDBerg

OK you can pick 2 different polymer striker makes, models / calibers, but here’s the twists to the situation;

1) You have to pick 2 different makes, models and calibers of striker-fired guns,
2) These can’t be guns you currently own,
3) For Peoples Republic of Cali (“PRC”) gunners, these don’t have to CDOJ roster guns.
4) You have to justify your 2 choices

I’m choosing the Glock Model 45 9mm (I want but can’t have one in the PRC) and the Walther PPQ in .45ACP (IMHO, the next best full size .45 ACP striker fired service pistol compared to my Gen4 Glock 21).

Your Choices?

Last edited:

pblanc

SIG P365 in 9 mm Luger. I will probably buy one of these when I am convinced that the early buyers have completed the beta testing for SIG Sauer and when the buying frenzy has cooled a bit, which it seems to be doing currently. The reason would be extreme concealability in a 9 mm pistol with good capacity. However, I would probably prefer the model with the external, manual safety (if it ever becomes a reality) for IWB carry.

Glock 20. Because I sorta, kinda want a 10 mm and this would be the polymer-frame, striker-fired version. But in truth, I would probably prefer an all-metal, hammer-fired pistol for this caliber.

Honorable mention: Walther P99AS. I think the notion of a striker-fired pistol with DA/SA capability and a decocker is sort of cool.

sigarms228

Also Glock 45 and PPQ 45.

Glock 45 because I like my Gen 2 Glock 19 so much and want a Gen 5 Glock some day because I tried a couple and really liked shooting them. The Glock 45 intrigues me and have read nothing but good things about it from those that own one.

PPQ 45 because I already have a 9MM PPQ and know how great a pistol that is for me. However I am not really looking to buy another 45 any time soon.

JDBerg

Back when I got my Glock 19x, I said I really wish this one came in black rather than that coyote color. But it’s such a good shooting gun that now I frankly could care less what color it is.

tallball

I already own all of the ones I really want.

I could maybe figure out which two of mine I would keep if I could only have two, but it would be kind of strange to choose from the ones that I could have bought but decided I didn't want.

Spats McGee

Administrator
VP9SK -- Because I'm itching to step up to something (that I perceive to be) a little higher-grade than Glock. I really like that "class" of pistol (~$" bbl, compact, 9mm), and this is the one that has really caught my fancy.

P365 -- Because 2 extra rounds for carry seems like a good idea.

GarandTd

Glock 22 gen whatever?. Because I don't have a Glock and I oughtta at least give the koolaid a try. 40 Cal cause I don't have it and I can retrofit it down to 9mm. They're available for low cost.

S&W M&P 9c. I like the in hand feel of my 22 Compact and need(want) a more concealable double stack 9mm.

Happy Holidays everyone. May your season be cheery and bright.:)

Cheapshooter

HK VP9
I don't have anything from Heckler & Koch in my "accumulation" .
9MM pistols are like Jell-O, there's always room!

FNX-45 Tactical
While we're playing fantasy I might as well really dive in. Way out of my usual budget, but a really awesome pistol.
While I have other metal 45 acp pistols, my only plastic 45 is a Hi-Point JHP.:eek: So I might as well pick the opposite end of the spectrum.:D

CockNBama

Although I think Cheapshooter has the right answer, I'll vary my guess.

HK (either VP or USP)

Steyr L9-A1. I've shot one of these, and it's on the list.

9x19

Glock model 40 - 10mm - don't currently own one, I do own all the 9mms and two .45s and this is the only other pistol round I would find useful.

I don't have a second pick, since it needs to be a different make.

FITASC

HP P7 M13, because 13 rounds in that gun would be sweeter than the 8 round guns I have.
Sauer P320; looks like a great pistol from all of the reviews

Kvon2

1. An FN Five seveN(in 5.7x28, of course)
They seem like a ton of fun. Does fun count as a justification?

2. Probably a Springfield XDS in 40 SW.
I don't have a compact or subcompact striker gun at this point because I can't carry in my state. I'm a .40 fan which seems to be a rare breed these days.

jmr40

Sig M18. Not the 320, I want the one with military features.

That is really it. If forced to pick 2 then the slightly larger M17.

USNRet93

Glock 21(45cal) cuz that big bullet is just cool(shot a Colt 1911..liked the .45, didn't like the 'platform')

Walther PPK..cuz if it's good enough for James, good enough for me..oh crap..striker and plastic..oh well..:)

Rinspeed

Just because I'm certain HK is making some of the best pistols available today I would have to go with the VP9 and next would be the PPQ. I don't have any experience with the new Sigs but love them or hate them a boatload of people sure are talking about them.