Polymer Separation on Glock Magazines

hitnthexring

I just purchased a new Glock Mod. 19. The polymer is separated from the metal at the top of the magazines at the feed lips. Both mags function fine. I've been noticing this lately when buying replacement magazines for my Mod. 22, 21, & 31. Anyone else notice this?

J.R. Bob Dobbs

Yep, I've seen it in G26, G32, G23 mags. It never seemed to cause a problem for me, but Glocks mags are definately their weak point, consistancy wise.

Blue Duck357

Same experince here. Three of mine do it, but never had a malfunction with them.

Glock could have made a little better magazines but likely they never thought that ten years later people would not able to replace this little $12 part for under $90 :mad:

Dave T

Most of mine (variety of models) show some seperation but none of them have malfunction because of it. I think it is more cosmetic than anything.

Had one G23 magazine split along one edge (plastic not the metal liner). Sent it to Glock and they replaced it, free of charge.

hitnthexring

I just spoke to Mr. Paz at Glockmeister about this. He said it is cosmetic only & does not affect functioning. I think he's right because I have not had any malfunctions in 3 glocks in over 8,000 rounds between them. I'm still surprised that Glock allows this flaw to get out of the factory.

johnwill

None of my older magazines have this problem, is this just on the new magazines now being shipped? I don't own anything newer than 3-4 years old...

johnwill

Interesting, I have 14 pre-ban full capacity magazines for the G17 & G21, none of them have any hint of separation. I guess you got the Monday magazines. ;)

blades67

I had a magazine that the polymer split down the spine of the magazine through the witness holes. It was only cosmetic, but Glock replaced it for free.