M&P45 or XD45

• S&W M&P45

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Springfield XD45

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

garry owen

Asking all those with experience with these two. I will be using it for HD and concealed carry, and will be a 4" barrel. Which one would you prefer and why?

bigghoss

aside from the higher capacity of the XD I don't feel one really stands out over the other. both are good guns.

sils79

I might get flamed, but I can't stand the XD trigger, I know alot of people love them, but I don't. I love the ergos of the Smith and I like its trigger much better, so for me I would take the M&P.

Get R Done Guns

M&P is the nicer gun out of the two. Better ergonomics and really better looking. Will perform equal to if not better, and is made in the U.S.A. Not in Croatia! :D

Don Glock

i've owned both. the m&p was dead reliable with anything. the xd was a jamming piece of crap.

the mp45 trigger pull/break kinda sucks. that's really the only thing i didn't like about it.

I owned m&p 40....now I own xd9 and xd 45. The xd shoots way better in my opinion. The recoil seemed a lot with the s&w. I the recoil of both my xds feel about the same. I was used to shooting glock...the trigger of both s&w and xd took some time. I disagree with the comment about the looks....my xd 45 looks b.a. Its two tone silver and black. I named it Willie b after the old silver back gorilla at the Atlanta Ga zoo!

checkmyswag

I don't own either, but have handled them more than some owners probably.

I like the feel of the M&P much better. But the feel is all I can comment on.

Billy Shears

M&P all the way. Mine has been absolutely flawless in every respect. Very accurate, very reliable, very ergonomic and, as another member pointed out, very much made in the USA.

Strongarm6R

I'll be carrying my M&P45 into the apocalypse. After about 2000 rounds I've never had a malfunction. I did an Apex trigger upgrade about 500 rnds ago and I have zero complaints now. I just didn't like the stock trigger.

I've shot XDs quite a bit and they like to do silly things like not feed, stovepipe and randomly drop mags. All things I don't want in a pistol. But that's just my opinion from my experiences.. I'm sure lots of people will see this as heresy and call me a commie but hey, who's gun is gonna work? Lol

Mrgunsngear

I've owned both of those guns and hands down---M&P. I had some reliability issues with the XD and all of my M&Ps have been 100%. I was also more accurate with my M&P (although both are accurate guns). Bottom line: I wouldn't buy another XD but I'll buy every M&P in 45 and 9mm they make.

insolentshrew

I personally don't like the XD grips, they get slipper with a little bit of sweat IMO due to not being very textured, pretty high bore axis too for a striker fired pistol. In comparison I feel the m&p is a much better all around pistol. The xd's trigger stock is better than the m&p's imo, but after about 500 rounds the m&p trigger will smooth out, and if you still don't like it you can get apex goodies for it. The grip safety on the XD is a nice feature, but you do have the option of getting the manual safety on the m&p - apples and oranges, but just some thoughts.

If it was me, it would be the m&p no hesitation.

saddlerocker

M&P has better ergos imo.
Also a lower bore axis which is good especially for a .45.
And the barrel is 4.25" and the sights are pushed as far apart as they can get

Thats why I got my M&P

tahunua001

I personally own the XDM45 and love it to death, I'm more accurate with it than with the XD45 but only by a small margin. I also prefer the grips of the XDM to the XD but it's personal preference. I've rented the M&P 45 and an M&P40 at my local range and had a terrible time, trigger control on it was a complete nightmare. I couldn't tell where the trigger broke and when it reset so I had to fully release the trigger. a lot of other guys have had the same problem so I dont think id had anything to do with them being rentals... if it was up to me I'd choose the XD45 but that's just my personal experience.

RedNeckWino

I have one of each in .40 and like the slightly heavier XD40 over the M&P40.
Had to put a Hogue grip wrap ($9.00) on the XD40, Had to put a trigger ($75.00) in the M&P40 to get them to shoot close to the same.

moose_nukelz

For concealed carry, the XD is slightly larger both height and width wise. As far as magazine capacity goes there is a 14 round magazine for the M&P, not sure with the XD. I think the ergonomics on the M&P are some of the best available and the interchangeable back straps make it feel even better.

Both are good weapons, I would get out to a range and shoot them side by side and see what works best for you.

TNT

500rds + no jam in my XD I honestly dont know much about the S&W never handled one so I cant tell you But I like my XD 13+1 rds is hard to argue IMO the jamming stories have never happened with mine in the long run its your decision and more than likely you have already made it as well. I could imagine that the grips could be better, but I have never held it that long to sweat and slip. If given the choice it would be the XD but that is just my opinion. happy hunting and choosing. :D
Hicap
accurate
reliable
priced right
are the reasons I bought mine