POLL: Real-life SD situations where you pointed it and they knew it

Limited to NON-LE individuals.

• I have never had to draw and point at a person who knew it in a real SD situation

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • I've drawn and pointed my weapon in a real SD situation and the person knew it

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I've had to on more than one occasion

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I've had to on more than two occasions.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brentfoto

This is NOT a poll where your identity is revealed.

Curious as to how many CCW, NON-LAW ENFORCEMENT individuals have, in a self-defense or of others real-life scenario, DRAWN their weapons and actually POINTED their weapon at another person, and the other person was aware weapon was pointed at them? If you are a criminal type of person, please refrain from answering.

If you are considering the SECOND alternative - the response should have been phrased: "I have drawn my weapon and pointed it at another person where the person knew it, and I was justified in so doing.. I'd like to get rid of ambiguity-if it was not truly a justified draw and point, then do not choose this alternative.

Whether you have fired the weapon or not is irrelevant for purposes of this poll.

Hope this is a narrow enough question.

If you have, care to share? If so, either PM or post here

Last edited:

dwatts47

Both times that I've drawn my gun the reason I drew it was clear to the person looking down the barrel. Both times (1 in a building, 1 in my vehicle) the 'other' guy instantly realized the error of his ways and retreated without so much as another recommendation to do so.

sjones

I've had to one time when a man came at me with a ball bat,when I pulled down on him he came to a sudden stop,his eyes got real big and he turned tail and ran.I was carrying my kimber ultra carry and I guess that business end looked pretty big to him.I'm glad he did but I would have shot him if he had came another step or two.sj.