Polishing with MAAS

Driveout02

Hey all, I know the polishing stainless steel thread has been done into the ground, but I was at Wally World today and saw a polish called Maas. How does this compare to Flitz? And besides that, where can I find Flitz (I've looked a few places, no one has it)? Will this Maas stuff do the trick, and if so, should I just use a soft cloth (or anything else in particular)?

Thanks a ton guys!
~Jake.

Driveout02

alright, maybe I'll stick with Maas, b/c it's easy to find for me. Is one neccesarily better than the other? Oh, and also, is it possible to over-polish a stainless gun? Am I running the risk of polishing off the model, serial #s, etc.?
~Jake.

jetman

I've not heard of MAAS but I've used Flitz, but prefer Mothers mag Polish. it can be had at any auto parts store. Theres no risk of polishing out the rollmarks if you only use your hands. I polished my Anaconda using just "elbow grease" and a t-shirt, and a couple nights watching TV. Here is a picture of my Anaconda

jetman

It was only about $5 for a 5 oz. container, and I could do about 50 guns with their small container. It doesn't take very much at all. Just use a clean t-shirt or old sock and use very sparingly. Rub an area repeatedly until a black residue comes off on the rag. Use a seperate clean old towel or rag to clean it off and repeat until it all looks even and shiny. I polished mine while watching a few football games, a little at a time. Don't use any power tools at all, just your hands.

jetman

Nah, you can't over polish a stainless gun. IF you have a nickel gun you might polish through the plating though.