Polish MAG 98

Yung.gunr

Anyone have one of these guns? They look very intriguing and for the price they look real good. I'm heading to J&G tomorrow and this caught my eye on their website.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

garryc

Barrel: 4.5", Overall: 7.9", Weight: 2.32 lbs.

That is basically a full size gun in only 9x18. Logically I think I'd go with something like a Glock 23 buy back for a little more. I believe SOG has them for $329.

Creeper

The Wikipedia page on the MAG-95 actually has more about the 98, which is the improved model of the original 95.
Interesting reading. For the price, it might prove to be a very nice gun. If you've got the $300 laying around... :)

But then again, you can usually pick up a nice gen 2/3 Glock for the same or a bit more.

Cheers,
C

Yung.gunr

Yeah, everything I read has them at 9x19 (Luger). I think I would rather get it because right now I am on an all metal, hammer fired kick. After buying my 92fs my XD9 doesnt feel as good.

Creeper

Thanks for bringing this gun to my attention Yung.gunr... it's has, for an as yet unknown reason, captured my attention. :p
I'd love to trip across a MAG-98c... the apparently rare target version of the 98.

Cheers,
C

Yung.gunr

Well I went to J&G today... Those guns were pretty beat up for my taste. Plus, the wife hated everything about it. I would like to have one if it were in nice shape. I liked it. It was suprisingly light for being an all metal gun.

SOG has some great prices. I have never heard of them before. But, that website kills my eyes. They need a new color font.