POF AR??

Chris_B

I am slowly becoming convinced to buy a POF AR lower

I prefer vintage rifles.M1 rifle etc. But I really appreciate the AR platform. Please tell me about POF lower, uppers, rifles in general, etc

globalsmack

I have 3 POF ars. One 308 and two 223. I have a 6.8 on order since shot show.

It would appear they are hit and miss. I, however, have had nothing but good luck with them. The guys at POF are pretty solid. Sometimes they can be hard to reach via phone but they get with you eventually.

The piston is simple. The guns or uppers run super clean. The lower is milled from Billet. Their trigger is basically a timney without the tension spring holding it into the lower. They are pricey but worth it.

My oldest is about a year old now with roughly 3000 rounds down the pipe.

Chris_B

Thanks...they are hit or miss but you have three...that tells me something positive

Hit or miss doesn't bug me so much with a solid rep, and that's what I'm hearing about first and second hand from POF. I am looking at 223. I have a buddy who was weened on 223 in the service and he raves about POF, he talked to the company officers on a more-or-less professional level (I work with him, and my company sells armed systems) etc. I like what I see from POF and I'm from MA- I'm looking at getting a lower before MA decides they are too evil to exist in the Commonwealth

I don't need rails out the yingyang or gee-whiz...I want something solid to build on, same philosophy as the high performance automobile engine I built for myself...I spent more $$$ on align honing, blueprinting, etc and non-sexy machine work than cylinder heads or intakes and it paid off in the long run...roller rockers, nine position timing sets and race heads came later

I have my M1 rifle for now and I'm not lusting after an AR...I just see the logic behind getting one while I can

brmfan

POF ran into some issues with their bolts a short while back and I believe it was a supplier issue. That seems to have been corrected and it's all groovy now. My early production P308 has had zero problems and accuracy is phenomenal. I've heard that recent production rifles are even better.