Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Micro Eagle .380

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • other (please explain)

Votes: 29 50.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sixer

Welcome to another "pocket pistol" thread! I've been on the lookout for a good pocket carry piece for a few months now and I think I may have it narrowed down to a handful of options.

I have ruled out the Kel-Tech, LCP, and revolvers in general... they are all nice guns, just not what I'm looking for. I've also come to terms with the fact that a 9mm pocket gun is not going to be an option for me.

Some things to note:

- My price range is UNDER $500.
- MUST be a TRUE "pocket pistol"
- USED guns are fine with me.
- The smallest caliber I would consider is .32acp
- I reload, so if it eats reloaded ammo, thats a PLUS.
- I am willing to spend a little extra, but a $1000 Rohrbaugh is out of the question.
- This wont be a "range gun" so ammo availability is not a huge concern.

So here is what I've narrowed it down to:

- NAA Guardian .380
- NAA Guardian .32acp
- Seecamp .32
- Micro Eagle .380

I'd like to get some feedback, thoughts, other options, and just some general info and knowledge. I also added a poll :)

Last edited:

Yamatr3

Something you may want to think about is how are you going to pocket carry it, meaning, jeans all the time, or dress slacks. I bought a Sig P238 two months ago. I really like the gun, it is fun to shoot and nice to carry. When I wear jeans, its fine, but when I wear dress slacks, which is daily, it is just too heavy to carry in my front pocket. This weekend, I bought a Taurus TCP. It is 8oz's lighter, making it much nicer to cary in dress slacks. This might not be a factor for you, but it is something to think about.

AdExec

Just bought a Micro eagle and I love it, had to get used to the long trigger pull but have 150 rounds through it without any issues. Picked it up at the gun show this weekend for $425. Budsgunshop.com has it for $430 delivered if you are looking for the best pricing.

I shot the LCP, P238 and whatever the smallest Kel-tec is and without question the Micro or the Sig are the winners if you actually want to shoot it. LCP was ok, nice gun, but Ive got fairly big hands and it just didnt sit right with me. Quality on the Sig and Micro are even, really feels like a solid pistol. Obviously you are spending more for those than the Ruger but plastic vs. metal is the choice youll have to make, along with the weight issues between the LCP/Keltec and the Sig/Micro

PSP

The size is an important factor in concealing a pocket gun. Whereas they are all small, the smallest is the Seecamp.

Weight is also important, and again, the lightest is the Seecamp.

I recommend the Seecamp. Great gun to have at the ready anytime, anywhere, in any mode of dress.

mrt949

SEECAMP 32

Is my vote best for your money .Ammo can be found at WALLY WORLD .I LIKE THE FEEL OF STEEL.:D

wbw

Bersa Tunder .380 CC. Small enough to go in a pocket but it has a little weight to it. Doesn't feel like a toy gun. I bought mine for $300 new.

Last edited:

hoytinak

I've owned several different .380 and .32 pocket pistols trying to find the perfect one for me. I've settled on the P32 as it's the smallest and lightest in it's size/caliber, after that I'd have to go with the Seecamp .32 (which I really regret selling and will someday own another). There's just something about the Seecamp, great craftsmanship, smooth shooting, accurate and just plain purdy :D. I once read something on here about Seecamps and after being a Seecamp owner I realized what it means. "Once you get it, you get it." ;)

dogtown tom

The Kahr P380 gets my vote....

They are kinda hard to find but for a tiny pocket pistol the Kahr P380 is heads and tails better for me than the NAA Guardian.

I used to own a Guardian and got rid of it because of it's weight. My Kahr PM9 is lighter and recoils less.

The Guardian is recoil operated, so it will sting quite a bit more than a locked breech pistol. I appreciated the quality and reliability of my Guardian, but did not like to carry it because of it's weight and because it was painful to run more than a dozen rounds at the range. Trigger pull is pretty heavy.

My Kahr P380 on the other hand is a dream to carry and shoot. I easily run three boxes or more through it with no discomfort. (and for those wondering where I got three boxes of .380- I've had a supply of 2,000+ rounds at all times for the last five years) You won't find a better trigger than the Kahr p380 in a pocket gun.

Before you buy, find someone who will let you shoot some of those guns.

Sixer

Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate the suggestions.

Size (and price) is probably the most important factor here... I have a few guns that I probably COULD fit in my pocket, but they are not true "pocket pistols".

I am looking for a pistol that I can carry comfortably in my front pocket ( slaks or jeans). For me, that rules out the Bersa's and Taurus Slim.

The Sig P238, Colt Mustang and Kahr P380 are all great suggestions that I will definitely check out. The Taurus TCP is also something I will take a closer look at.

I have to admit that I am REALLY leaning towards the Seecamp .32acp... I'm still considering the NAA Guardian, but not as strongly as I was before this thread. Anyhow, I appreciate the suggestions and other options you guys have given so far :)

ETA: It seems like I read somewhere that the Seecamp LW32 only takes Win. SilverTip ammo. Is that true or am I just making things up?

Coltman 77

Walther PPS 9mm

About the same size as a PPK/S but weighs much less.

Accurate and uber reliable. My wife carries one and it's been a great pistol.

8+1 rds of 9mm +P goodness.

MSRP is $713.00 less about 10% puts in it your ballpark price range.

Check one out.

Good luck with your purchase, let us know what you decide. :)

wilkup

Diamondback?

Have you checked out the DB380? I've heard LOTS of good things about this gun and since it's in the same size range as the guns you're looking at as well as fitting the calibers you're interested I'd say it's very much worth checking out. I've heard that you can find them for under $400 OTD so it's even affordable. There's a couple threads floating around on here with pics comparing the Seacamp .380, NAA Guardian .380, AMT Backup .380, and DB380 (I think the Kahr P380 is about the same size) so you should probably check them out. Good luck finding something that works. Right now I'm in the same situation as you and am leaning more and more towards the DB380 because of:
price*
size*
warranty*
weight* (under 10oz unloaded!!!)
Let us know what you decide on though...?