Pocket-carry & the 1911

seeker_two

Does anyone here pocket-carry one of the micro-compact 1911-style pistols? If so, what rig do you use for it?

With people talking about how they carry the Glock 26, Ruger SR9c, and other similar-sized pistols in their pocket, I just wondered if the same applied to the 1911's.

hardhat harry

I probably would at some time, if someone made a pocket holster for an ultra compact 1911 (similar to the Sig leather pocket holster). Most of the time, if I am throwing a gun in my pocket, it will a Sig P238 or 938.

ETA: SHOULD READ QUALITY LEATHER POCKET HOLSTER

I have a Para-Ordnance Slim Hawg, which is the smallest and lightest 1911 pattern pistol out there (yes, it is smaller than the Springfield EMP). IMHO it's too large for pocket carry. It certainly won't fit in the pocket of any jeans or trousers I own. I could carry it in the pocket of a field jacket or raincoat, but that's not a very flexible or useful option.

My advice is to buy a pocket pistol if you want to carry a gun in your pocket. My choice for that duty is a Colt Pony .380, but there are several pocket pistols that have come on the market since I bought that.

Dakbroadbent

I Do

I sometimes carry a 45 Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Galco pocket Holster. Galco makes a nice leather pocket holster especially for 3" bbl 1911s. I only carry this in denim jeans; I think light dress slacks would print.

jimbob86

Aside from the short, light SA trigger pull

...... and the likelyhood of the safety getting swiped in the pocket...... I'm trying, and failing, to visualize what sort of pants I could wear outside the immediate vicinity of a travelling circus (and did not require an oddly collored wig and greaspaint as accessories) that had pockets large enough to enable one to pocket carry even a 3" barreled 1911 in a pocket holster..... and how many calendar days it would take to draw a gun that large from a jeans pocket ......