PMR30 Keltec?

Pahoo

Better

How are the new gen guns running?
My understanding is that they have gotten better and if there is a problem, customer service is very good. Have to admit that I see "mixed" reviews but for the most part, they are favorable. ...... :)

Be Safe !!!

PSP

I have over 2000, mostly trouble free, rounds through mine over a couple of years. The only problem encountered was a broken firing pin. A common problem. A new and free replacement is of a different design that hopefully addressed the breakage matter.

Paired with the carbine, this duo is about the most fun combo I've ever owned.

Last edited:

CarJunkieLS1

I love my PMR30. After I learned how to correctly load the magazine's and put only 25 rounds instead of 30 it hasn't skipped a beat yet. 500-600 rounds of trouble free shooting. Mine is more accurate than I am for sure. At 25 yards a coke can isn't safe. Just a few months ago I had to put a small drop of super glue on my fiber optic rear sight. The fiber optic rod kept sliding backwards and wanting to come out. A small dab of super glue fixes that.

gwpercle

I recently read a review , Guns Magazine (I think) ...favorable !
Instructions say 40 gr, , 22 magnum ammo best .
One type ammo with a light 30 gr. bullet didn't run 100%.
3 other brands with 40 gr.bullets ran 100% .
Bottom line , ammo it liked , clean and lube occasionally and it was trouble free.
Writer is thinking about carrying one in the field hunting / fishing and taking in his truck.

I hate "Plastic Guns" but not this one ...looks like something out of Mad Max , tough industrial looking w/ 30 rounds of 22 magnum ...sounds awesome !!!
If I have a chance and find one at the right price , I'm going to get one...
for nightstand duty inside the house ... just the ticket !
Gary

wmg1299

Mine has run flawlessly, but I've only put 300-400 rounds through it. It's fun to shoot, and you can run through a couple hundred rounds in no time. I backed off taking it out when .22 Mag ammo was costing the same as 9 mm. Now that 9 mm prices are getting ridiculous (when you can find it) I may start shooting the PMR30 more often. I used to have trouble finding 22 Mag on the shelves, but now it is one of the only calibers that is consistently available at my local Academy.

ms6852

Mine runs flawlessly but like any rimfire firearm it may have its quirks and only like certain ammo. Mine does not like Winchester dynapoints and Hornady's 30 grain bullets. I make sure that all the ammo I buy is 40 grain bullets. So I have stocked up only on CCI and Aguila. I also do not load to 30 rounds it is difficult but I like loading only 25 rounds per mag. There is an adjustment period as with many handguns but now mine will only give me a feeding issue after I have fired several hundred rounds, which by than all I do is clean and remove the carbon build on the feed ramp and it is good to go for several hundred more rounds. Something I did not know is that Mag Lula and another company make a speed loader for the Kel-tec, I ordered one but have yet to use it, but reports from fellow shooters have been favorable.

Cheapshooter

Not sure what "gen", maybe 3-4 years old. Mine runs fine with Winchester, and CCI ammo. Doesn't run at all with Hornady Critical Defense. Haven't tried Speer GD yet.

Pahoo

Times; they are a-changing

Yesterday, at a local gun store they had these in three different colors and these have been challenging to find. The latest pattern/color, is Camo. About a year ago, you cold buy these for about $160.00. Today, these are priced at about $460.00. ..... :eek:

I am a cheap "Deplorable" and these are too expensive. However, these days, folks are buying whatever they can, including ammo ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

gwpercle

The latest review of the KT PMR30 is in the October 2020 issue of Guns Magazine ...
got it a few days ago . Review by David Freeman on page 54 .
He likes it ...Quote " So, the KelTec PMR30 is at the top of my list for guns I would have with me if I absolutely couldn't operate a 9mm "... "I would feel adequately armed with this gun loaded with 31 rounds of 40 grain hollow points ".
It was accurate , reliable with 40 grain ammo , had a good 3 lb.trigger pull and fiber optic adjustable sights, total weigh unloaded = 14 ozs ! .... MSRP $478

I would love to have one ...And they fit nicely into standard a 1911 holster...so no need to buy more gunleather for it !!!
Gary

Cheapshooter

$160, Never!
Best prices, on sale, have been hovering around $300. Crazy prices being asked when they were very hard to find was $500.
Are you sure you are thinking of the 30 round, 22WMR Kel-Tec pistol.
I kind of doubt even the P32, or P3AT have ever been that cheap. Maybe on some special sle, but not regularly.

Pahoo

Not any more !!!

Are you sure you are thinking of the 30 round, 22WMR Kel-Tec pistol.
Not any more. I got my information about a month ago, off an gun-finder. Went back an hour ago and nothing listed. I don't own one but was negotiating for one and doing some searches. Youtube has a bunch of reviews and they looked interesting. First time I held one, was yesterday and I've had squirt-guns that weigh more than this. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

smee78

I have one and it has been great, I have about 250 rounds through mine so far with out any problems. A great addition to any collection.

MartySchrader

30 rounds? Or only 25?

So, the Guns Magazine review of the PMR30 sez that the magazine is reliable with 30 rounds in it. The consensus on this thread seems to be that it isn't reliable over 25 rounds. Which is it? Why would I want a pistol advertised as 30 round capable that doesn't actually perform to spec? This is something which has bothered me about a number of firearms over the decades -- the OEM makes some claim, then actual users say it almost does it, but not quite.

Pahoo

25 is easier than 30

CarJunkieLS1
I love my PMR30. After I learned how to correctly load the magazine's and put only 25 rounds instead of 30 it hasn't skipped a beat yet.
For actual use experience, might want to ask CarJunk. I suspect it has something to do with the spring-stacking. ????

30 round capable that doesn't actually perform to spec?
I feel that it does meet the specs and comes down to a matter of personal choice. If you go to YouTube, you will see where some folks, prefer loading to 25-rounds. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

darkgael

Mine has been running perfectly since I bought it a year ago. Keep the chamber clean. Put a drop of lube in the magazine and you are good to go.
I load 25 cartridges into each magazine. A full box between the two.
It shoots right to the sights at 25 Yards.

ms6852

As I stated I load 25 rounds simply because it is easier. It is hard to load 30 rounds and if you are not careful you may create a dent on the casing as it is very thin and soft. I also mentioned that Mag Lula and another company make speed loaders so I may now load 30 rounds. The company is correct in stating that the magazine holds 30. But also your gun will dictate where it will run reliably with a 30 round magazine or less loaded rounds.