PMR 30 mag feed lips?

smee78

So the PMR-30 has been out for a while now and they even made a rifle version and a 22LR version of the pistol. I have had mine for about 2 years now and it has been shooting just fine without any problems. My question is this, how long will the feed lips last on these plastic mags? I recall many many years ago there were problems with the plastic aftermarket magazines for the 10/22's, the feed lips were wearing out, chipping and failing to function. The fix was the metal lips and the problem pretty much went away, so how long will these last before they start to fail, get brittle and start breaking off? I'm sure the plastic is better than the 80's/90's plastic but it is still plastic/polymer. Is the aftermarket going to make metal mags for these?

TunnelRat

How long have Pmags been going at this point? 13 years or so? Glock has been using polymer mags originally without and then with metal linings for decades. Not all polymer or polymer designs for that matter are equal.

As for aftermarket, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the adoption for the 10/22 dwarfs the PMR30.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ms6852

I have had my PMR for a long time don't know exactly but I have not had any issue due to the feed lips. The only problem I have had was with the spring. I decided to clean the mags after several years of usage at the range, long story short, do you know how far a spring will fly? Neither do I because I never found it. Anyway if you have concerns my only advice would be to buy extra magazines before you need them as they are already expensive and they will only go up in price in the future...especially if they enact laws about high capacity magazines nationwide.