PMC Gold, any good?

Delaware_Dan

I picked up some PMC Gold 115gr. 9mm FMJ, yesterday because it was the only Brand I could find. Is it any good? Dirty/clean? I have never seen this stuff before so I am curious. My shop also had Independence .45s in too but I have never heard of them so I didn't grab any. Any one have any insight on these 2 brands of ammo?

bikerbill

I've used it in the past; shoots pretty much like any other factory ammo, no cleaner or dirtier and feeds fine in either of my 9's ... haven't used Independence; is it a private company or a branch of one of the biggies?

gglass

The PMC Starfire Gold is an interesting brand. The inventor of this brand of ammunition, Tom Burczynski is the same guy who designed Federal Hydra-Shok and the newer (king of ammo) Federal HST. When you see Starfire fully expanded it looks eerily similar to Federal's HST. Tom Burczynksi left PMC and was hired on by Federal, where he helped develop HST.

I would highly recommend PMC Starfire Gold as a premium ammuntion, but I would hesitate to recommend their Bronze brand unless it is just for plinking.

Some people do not like the fact that PMC partnered with South Korea's largest ammo manufacturer to produce their products, but that issue is up to each buyer to decide if it's important to them.

Stevie-Ray

I've used PMC for over 20 years. Never found anthing they made I haven't liked. They made a superbly accurate 240 gr JHP .44 mag load that I bought dozens of times for my Redhawk. And their two 10mm loads make perfect middle-of-the-road loading for my Delta Elite. Right now their Bronze line makes a 55 gr .223 that is a great plinker.

Jkwas

The gold line has been good for me. I use it in all my carry guns with no problem. I have had problems with their bronze line stuff made in ROK though.

KyJim

Jim, was it a white and blue box that looked kinda dingy?
Yes, though I've only shot the .38 special. Revolvers are a lot more forgiving than semi-autos when it comes to ammo.

BerettaBuckeye

I have used a bunch of it and it always went bang. Honestly I don't understand the whole "dirty or clean ammo" thing so I couldn't really say about that.

seeker_two

I would highly recommend PMC Starfire Gold as a premium ammuntion, but I would hesitate to recommend their Bronze brand unless it is just for plinking.

Starfire is back??? That's great news. I like that particular round in 9mm, and I'm almost out of my meager stash. Thanks for the info... :D