Pmag D-50 wont fit Glock pistols?

smee78

So yesterday I saw the release for the new Glock D-50 drum mags in 9mm. I was happy because I like mags like these for range fun and to piss off liberals. I was looking on Magpuls web site about this product found this "Other Specs
NOTE: Not compatible with GLOCK Handguns"...…:eek: I was a little put off by this, I know they want to keep the overall length short but really? I guess they only work in carbines? What a disappointment, that really cuts the flexibility of a new product. Am I missing something here?

TruthTellers

I don't have a use for a drum mag in anything other than a rifle or SMG, so this isn't a problem. Other than that, it's still a drum mag, drums still suck compared to box mags and are horribly expensive.

That said, having one and only one is not the worst thing I've ever heard, I feel a drum is okay for home defense.

As to ETS 40 round mags, I have not had any issues using ETS mags in my blowback carbines, but in a Glock pistol I have issues with them. So far the only mags that haven't failed on my in a Glock are Glock OEM mags and Magpul mags.

Would be nice if Magpul would make Glock mags in more than just 9mm, but there's not as much money making a .40, 10mm, or .45 Glock mag.

smee78

I don't need a "use" for a drum mag to own one YMMV. Me being a free American is simply enough reason.

As for the mag itself, I am simply stating that Magpul is making a drum you cant use with Glock pistols. To me from a marketing stand point it really leaves a lot on the table with a brand new product to cut an items usefulness by a large %.

I would love to have a drum in 45 to go with my AR pistol and it would be nice if I could also use it with my pistol. I like things to be compatible with more than one type of platform. Why do you think a lot of the new pistol carbines use Glock mags? Because a lot of people have them and they are available and reliable.

TruthTellers

I don't need a "use" for a drum mag to own one YMMV. Me being a free American is simply enough reason.

As for the mag itself, I am simply stating that Magpul is making a drum you cant use with Glock pistols. To me from a marketing stand point it really leaves a lot on the table with a brand new product to cut an items usefulness by a large %.

I would love to have a drum in 45 to go with my AR pistol and it would be nice if I could also use it with my pistol. I like things to be compatible with more than one type of platform. Why do you think a lot of the new pistol carbines use Glock mags? Because a lot of people have them and they are available and reliable.
And that's exactly what Magpul is thinking making a drum that only works in carbines: so many carbines are made to use Glock mags, large market share=good profit margin.

Ruger making their carbine available with an adapter to use Glock mags was a brilliant idea and one I'm sure the execs probably didn't want to do because they'd rather sell more of their own mags, but I don't think Ruger was looking to make 30 round mags or drums for their 9mm pistols or the PC carbine and if they did the price would be twice that of similar mags available.

Because of all the big mags, stuff like the Hi Point and Beretta Cx4 are dubious for people who live in free states that have no magazine capacity restrictions.

smee78

I think your missing what I'm saying....

In one pile you have all the 9mm carbines that use glock 9mm magazines.

In another pile you have all the glock 9mm pistols (a lot more than the rifles) and you make a mag to short to be used in any of the pistols??

That is poor marketing and cuts into your profit margin by a large %. If the drum was just a little longer it could of been used by ALL of them = Excellent profit margin, not a limited segment.

Lohman446

It always amuses me when someone uses the rational "I'm a free American and can do what I want" in an argument that criticizes someone else or a company for doing what they choose to do. The whole "I don't need to defend my logic to you" thing kind of cuts both ways.

smee78

Sure it goes both ways and as a consumer I (in a free world) get to express my opinion on a product. And I'm not saying "I don't have to defend my logic to you", I gave you my reason for not being happy with the product, I did defend my logic.

If we as consumers never voice our opinions about products then manufactures will never know what to fix, or what to build next or have any direction because we did not speak up.

TunnelRat

I'm not sure voicing your opinions here will really change what Magpul does. Seems like calling them directly might have more impact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lohman446

I'm not saying "I don't have to defend my logic to you"

I don't need a "use" for a drum mag to own one YMMV. Me being a free American is simply enough reason

I'm sorry. Didn't say what again?

I assure you Magpul knows they don't work in Glock pistols - after all they state that. I also assure you the company is aware there are a lot of Glock pistols out there. They have made a decision to continue manufacturing them in the method they are for a reason. Maybe they don't want them used in Glock pistols. Maybe there is a legitimate manufacturing reason.

The point is just as you are not in a position where you have to defend your logic for wanting a drum magazine for your Glock pistol no company is in a position to have to defend its reasons for NOT manufacturing such.

dogtown tom

smee78 So yesterday I saw the release for the new Glock D-50 drum mags in 9mm. I was happy because I like mags like these for range fun and to piss off liberals. I was looking on Magpuls web site about this product found this "Other Specs
NOTE: Not compatible with GLOCK Handguns"...… I was a little put off by this, I know they want to keep the overall length short but really? I guess they only work in carbines? What a disappointment, that really cuts the flexibility of a new product. Am I missing something here?
Yes.
It has to do with the weight of the loaded drum and the strength of the Glock factory mag release.