Pm9 Range Report

jsdkms

New PM9 Range Report - OK, No more problems with my thumb being torn on the slide release - Yea! Tried a different hold with the thumb under the release and it worked fine. Also removed the slide release an polished off all sharp edges.

PM9 had about 200 rounds through her and it no longer shoots high - At 20 feet all shots within 5" Dia. and at 30 feet all shots well within 7" - Shot American Eagle, Magtech and Federal Premium ammo - Aprrox. 150 rounds shot without any malfunction at all! I am getting to like this little gun.

OldCorp

My PM9 proved how true the admonition in the manual regarding break-in was.
IIRC - it said something to the effect of running at least 200 rounds through it before carry use. (Not that that's not a good idea for anything...).

Mine had LOTS of FTF and a few FTE's inside the first 200-250 rds. After about 275, it never choked. It's had around 1000 now and has given zero problems.

totalloser

My wife bought one, and it's been sort of a pain. Lots of sharp edges, and difficult to cycle/release slide. Jams if you cycle by simply pulling the slide back. Manual says to chamber by locking slide, and using the slide release. It refuses to shoot plated bullets without hot loads (won't cycle).

Probably much more reliable to cycle with ball ammo. All the hangups on cycling were with 124 Ranier HP's or Rem match 124 jhp's No problems so far with 115 fmj's

However, this is a REMARKABLY accurate pistol for it's size. I am very impressed. Regularly tap a 6" plate at 80 yards. The fitment is satisfyingly tight, and the SS is nice. No internal laser available, but Tritiums were pretty easy to swap in.

DEFINITELY a pistol for small hands.

DigMe

I just took my PM9 to the range for the first time today as well. You aren't kidding about accuracy. My very first shot ever with this gun was dead center X at 21 feet. When I did my part it was dead on. The trigger is long but smooth. Recoil was not bad at all. I thought it would be worse with this size of gun. I didn't feel fatigued by it and there were no bite points. I felt like I could have shot it comfortably for several hundred more rounds. I had two failures to feed in the first seventy five rounds. They were both long 147gr Gold Dots. After that it was smooth sailing. It fed WWB, Blazer Brass, Remington Golden Sabre 147gr, Win Ranger T 147gr, Rem subsonic jhp 147gr all with no problems. In all I think I shot about 250 rounds.

I'm VERY pleased with this gun.

Last edited: