PM9 Follow up

briang2ad

Second range outing and about 100 rounds + onto the 160 I shot already.

More and more pleasant to shoot - more fun than other 9mms.

No hiccups. On my first outing, I dropped the mag prematurely twice. Not today.

Tried some old Fiocchi, old Geco, and some new Winchester 124 gr PDX +P ammo. It shot the +P just as easily as the ball. Fired the +P only after it was pretty dirty. Pleasant and accurate. 7 yards 2" was not a problem if I concentrated.

This is a VERY sweet 9mm subcompact.

Limpwristing doesn't seem to matter, and it will slingshot on loading if you letrrip.

CARGUY2244

PM9 smooth...

Been carrying a Kahr PM9 as a back up for about 8 years. Trigger pull is long, but so smooth...
Shoots a lot better than you'd ever expect for such a small, light weapon.

briang2ad

Odd. Picked up a PM45 in a shop today. Used but in NEW condition. Trigger felt lighter and a tad shorter. I've felt this also on a K9 on a range - all have the 'elite' trigger so what is the deal????

B18C5-EH2

The only problem I had with my PM9 is that it got lonely:

IMG_5448.jpg

I had to add a PM40 to keep it company. I don't carry with the pinky extension, but for extended range outings it makes either gun more comfy to shoot.

EDIT:

Haha I just realized that you already added another Kahr lol.

B18C5-EH2

Jimmy I know recoil is subjective, but honestly it doesn't feel much snappier than my PM9. I freaked out about the PM40 when my wife gave it to me as a gift because I worried that the recoil was going to be NASTY.

I haven't had a chance to run it through all of its paces (the PM40) before I begin carrying it, but the shooting I have done has been fun.

I intentionally shot the PM9 and PM40 back to back quickly and it's not such a difference in recoil that I fell the accuracy is affected.