Pledge on polished finishes?.....

Rembrandt

Dealer at a gun show, (who's guns look outstanding) told me he uses "Pledge" furniture spray on guns with highly polished finishes. Says it doesn't smear and show the finger prints like gun oil does......??? Any thoughts on this?

Jkwas

Pledge, especially pledge wipes, are great. I use them to clean my bicycles and bicycle chains, and they leave a protective film. I don't used them on the rims, or anyplace close to the brakes, because you can't stop. I have never tried them on my guns, I use a silicone cloth designed for guns. One thing to consider: Maybe it's good for presentation, but do you really want a slippery gun? I would be hesitant, but that's me.

Pointer

Pledge is great... for wood grips and polished surfaces... :)

It has silicone in it, so NEVER use it on the friction parts of the gun...

Silicone freezes and becomes sticky in cold weather... :(

bigautomatic

Never tried it on my guns, but I know for sure it works wonders on stainless steel. I've been using it on foosball rods for years! But as JKwas says, do you really want a slippery gun? Plain ol' Rem oil works for me.

Fremmer

I use it, but only sparingly. I spray some on a handtowel, and then rub the stock with it (instead of spraying it directly on the stock). A little goes a long way.

dgludwig

In addition to wood surfaces, a coating of furniture wax also works well on metal surfaces, like the barrel , receiver and other non-moving metal parts for protection from moisture. Just remember to wax first, then apply a petroleum-based protectant lightly.