Please recommend a gunsmith in Nashville, TN

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
I have a sick 1911 that throws brass in my face and stovepipes a lot. In the future, I expect to have other guns with attitude problems, so I might as well start searching for a good smith now. Recommendations, please.

Bogie

Oleg, my recommendation would be to find a competent smith, wherever, and mail the sucker to him, with proper documentation, of course...

Also, have you started handloading yet? Different loads can cause different ejection characteristics... If the sucker is stovepiping... how old's the spring - is it a "hot" spring? You may want to switch it and see what happens...

Mover

Oleg,
I know a good one about 20 miles outside of Nashville. Scotties Gun Works! Scott is a good man. Does gun repair, stockwork, hot bluing etc. He does really good work. He runs his shop part-time so it would be best to call in the evening.
615-746-9668
Mover

Oleg, call Champions Choice in LaVergne and ask for Bo or Homer. Both these guys are national level competitors and should be able to steer you towards a good smith. Their number is 793-4066

glockten

Jeff Walle (I hope I spelled his name right) at Specialty Arms in Lavergne:615-793-9696. I had the same problem with a Para-Ordnance P12; Jeff cleared it right up.

Borf

One more vote for Specialty Arms in Lavergne... Only dealt with the smith once, but it was a positive experience.