please rate: weaver, burris, and redfield scopes

2002gti

i understand they are all, along with simmons owned by meade. how would you rate the quality of these 4 makers? im thinking simmons would be on the bottom but im not sure which of the other 3 could be considered the better.

FirstFreedom

First, simmons is not even on your initial list, but since you said 4, I'll take as a given that you meant to include them.

Second, and more important, WHICH Burris(es), WHICH Weaver(s), WHICH Redfield(s), and WHICH Simmons(es). There are mutiple lines within each maker, both old and new, with WILDLY varying levels of quality. Must be more specific please.

2002gti

im looking at pistol scopes and i actually just bought a redfield 4x20 for a scout mount on one of my finn m39 nagants. i hope its a decent scope, i looked at a weaver and simmons at a gun show both in 4x32 and the weaver was a far superior sight picture.

MADISON

Please rate: weaver, burris, and redfield scopes:
Burris...Tops
Weaver next
Redfield last
Simmons isn't even in the running
Are they intergrating Redfield into the Weaver production line?
About 15 years ago I bought a $45 set of high Redfield rings. The raings and THE SCREWS were POT METAL and rung off. Junk....

Mannlicher

Burris is tops right now of these three.
If you can find an older El Paso Weaver, or a Denver made Redfield, those are IMHO, better scopes than the ones made in China or where ever, and wearing the Weaver and Redfield names today.

2002gti

i just received my waever 4x pistol scope today and on the box it says made in denver colorado, are they now being made in china?